VS moving to EDI?

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

Clive
Site Admin

Re: VS moving to EDI?

Post by Clive »

VS71 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:50 pm Crew hearing whispers next year will see an April return to GLA.
Lovely. 👍
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
viscount

Post by viscount »

Delta are very strong out of EDI and are feeding into MCO flights and apparently they are near or mostly full
Plus VS are advertising flights out of EDI starting in may next year. Hate to say unless it another Destination they are talking about it not going to happen.
Delta who are part owners won’t allow it. In my opinion it just a rumour and no more.
Only the CAA figure will give any hint when they come out with in the next few months.
awwdabaaby

Post by awwdabaaby »

viscount wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:33 pm Delta are very strong out of EDI and are feeding into MCO flights and apparently they are near or mostly full
Plus VS are advertising flights out of EDI starting in may next year. Hate to say unless it another Destination they are talking about it not going to happen.
Delta who are part owners won’t allow it. In my opinion it just a rumour and no more.
Only the CAA figure will give any hint when they come out with in the next few months.
Glasgow was on sale for the following year before the announcement was made about the move, plus surely they must be questioning why it started in June this year and May next year, when ours was from the start of the summer season
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

viscount wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:33 pm Delta are very strong out of EDI and are feeding into MCO flights and apparently they are near or mostly full
Why do you know DL wont allow it ? Are you in the boardroom ? . I am sure VS are an airline in there own right and can do what they want to increase profits
Last edited by Ekally1 on Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
Planeenthusiast

Post by Planeenthusiast »

awwdabaaby wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:37 pm
Glasgow was on sale for the following year before the announcement was made about the move, plus surely they must be questioning why it started in June this year and May next year, when ours was from the start of the summer season
VS are highly unpredictable. In the grander scheme of things they are a very small long haul carrier, compared to AA, UA, BA, EK, QR or DL. They used to operate several routes out of Manchester then dropped them when no one was expecting it. Most of the latest new or re-starting routes are out of LHR. Could they return to GLA - absolutely. Would it be a major surprise - no. Although DL own a stake in VS and code share they are a typical large US carrier. The profits of DL matter more than anything else. For me, if DL were to grow the EDI-ATL route, which by all accounts is performing very strongly, it would make it more likely that VS will return to GLA.
GKirk

Post by GKirk »

Could VS return to GLa? Absolutely
Do I think they will return? Nope
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

GKirk wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:40 am Could VS return to GLa? Absolutely
Not a surprise there
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

GKirk wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:40 am Could VS return to GLa? Absolutely
Why not? According to the airline’s internal chat it’s a good possibility. That’s not really about opinions, it’s about what is being said at HQ.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
VS71

Post by VS71 »

The pessimist in me remains doubtful, but Virgin can't be happy with the seemingly constant delays for operational reasons beyond their control.
GKirk

Post by GKirk »

I think they are probably happy with having everything consolidated at one airport.

That being said, I would be delighted to see them return to GLA, but IMO it's more likely that we will see UA return first.