GLA and social media

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

awwdabaaby

Re: GLA and social media

Post by awwdabaaby »

egpffqtv wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 2:22 pm
Very aware it’s now out there and once again, utter shambles from AGS IMHO.
Why? out of the 10 uk airports that gained routes on Tuesday, Glasgow is only the 3rd airport to announce them on socials, why not kick up a stink like you normally do about the 7 who haven't! If they don't announce it, you moan, when they do announce it, you moan, they can't win with you! I'm sorry Clive and Bill and everyone else, this needed said, maybe my diagnosis has gave me a bigger set of balls now, but it's people like you who have ruined this forum. I've said time and time again, this used to be a great place to come, but it's ridiculous now.

And whilst I'm at it I work my bloody socks off, dealing with a disabled dad, who is battling a series of issues,, to being back at university for a module that makes no sense, being diagnosed with something that some know about, but still sit until 1 even 2 in the morning checking and typing up schedules, and getting hardly any thanks for it, apart from certain individuals.

Rant over, and damn it felt good

Clive, Bill, I'll take a holiday if you wish but it needed said
Last edited by awwdabaaby on Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
egpffqtv

Post by egpffqtv »

awwdabaaby wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 2:40 pm
egpffqtv wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 2:22 pm
Very aware it’s now out there and once again, utter shambles from AGS IMHO.
Why? out of the 10 uk airports that gained routes on Tuesday, Glasgow is only the 3rd airport to announce them on socials, why not kick up a stink like you normally do about the 7 who haven't! If they don't announce it, you moan, when they do announce it, you moan, they can't win with you! I'm sorry Clive and Bill and everyone else, this needed said, maybe my diagnosis has gave me a bigger set of balls now, but it's people like you who have ruined this forum. I've said time and time again, this used to be a great place to come, but it's ridiculous now.

And whilst I'm at it I work my bloody socks off, dealing with a disabled dad, who is battling dementia and recently had a heart attack, to being back at university for a module that makes no sense, being diagnosed with something that some know about, but still sit until 1 even 2 in the morning checking and typing up schedules, and getting hardly any thanks for it, apart from certain individuals.

Rant over, and damn it felt good

Clive, Bill, I'll take a holiday if you wish but it needed said
Sorry to hear about your personal circumstances. Sounds like you need to re-prioritise and maybe not sit up till all hours typing up schedules.

I also don’t care about the other airports. I’m only interested in the one 15 minutes from my front door.

Once again IMHO, this is a huge over reaction from you.

Isn’t this meant to be an enthusiast forum? Not much to be enthusiastic about of late.

Am I not allowed to have an opinion and call out my local airport when they aren’t doing all they could and should be to retain and attract new business?

And don’t get me started on having big balls…. I just say it like I see it, and I’m terribly sorry you don’t see it that way.
bill

Post by bill »

Chill pill required chaps I think. No one's going on a holiday over this,yet, so relax.A very passionate post and given that I know what awwdabaaby is currently going through, understandable. Maybe doing the schedules is a coping mechanism to escape the pressures of real life and it is greatly appreciated by most on here and should not be belittled in any way,shape or form.
That said,I agree with egpffqtv's opinions that most of what GLA now does and especially their P.A and socials is rank-rotten to be honest.Amature.
I find it very difficult to get passionate about the airport now, given the state of free-fall it's been in since BAA sold EDI and kept us in handcuffs.
However, I would recommend that we refrain from answering directly to each others differing views on the subject. Ignore it. It can clog up the threads and it can also be tedious at times.
Now, if you'll excuse me, the wife has just presented me with spicy chicken and chilli pizza, garlic bread and a bowl of salad potatoes, washed down with cold Spanish lager, so I'm outta here. :D
Appreciate your cooperation guys.Have a great evening.
egpffqtv

Post by egpffqtv »

bill wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:40 pm Now, if you'll excuse me, the wife has just presented me with spicy chicken and chilli pizza, garlic bread and a bowl of salad potatoes, washed down with cold Spanish lager, so I'm outta here. :D
Appreciate your cooperation guys.Have a great evening.
Enjoy your food and your evening 🍻 🍕 🥗