Corona virus and its effects on GLA

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

Irnbrukid

Re: Corona virus and its effects on GLA

Post by Irnbrukid »

Qantas announce that in order to travel internationally you’ll be required to have Covid vaccination certificate
Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

Irnbrukid wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:14 pm Qantas announce that in order to travel internationally you’ll be required to have Covid vaccination certificate
Professor Jason Leitch said on the radio, on Saturday that a vaccine certificate is unlikely until they know exactly what (each) vaccine can do. I'll assume he knows more about that than Alan Joyce does.
billyg6

Post by billyg6 »

Allen McL wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:47 pm
Professor Jason Leitch said on the radio, on Saturday that a vaccine certificate is unlikely until they know exactly what (each) vaccine can do. I'll assume he knows more about that than Alan Joyce does.
With the govt stating that the vaccine will most likely be in use by the end of the year , I think certification would be quite swift. I think Prof Jason is just panicking that his time on tv, and the extra pay that goes with it, is nearing an end !
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

billyg6 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:23 pm
Allen McL wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:47 pm
With the govt stating that the vaccine will most likely be in use by the end of the year , I think certification would be quite swift. I think Prof Jason is just panicking that his time on tv, and the extra pay that goes with it, is nearing an end !
Honestly? Wow.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
jetblue497

Post by jetblue497 »

It depends on what is meant by certification. In Joyce's case it is reasonable to assume he means some form of certification that the vaccine has been properly administered to an individual. The prof is likely alluding to the final approval (not the emergency approval which will allow the early use) which is in effect the certifying of the drug(s).
Last edited by jetblue497 on Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

I read it in Joyce's case, as proof one of the vaccines has been administered. I think Leach is talking about certification it works and to what level ? It's all going to come out in the wash, as they say.
billyg6

Post by billyg6 »

Clive wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:49 pm
Honestly? Wow.
:?
ExAirways

Post by ExAirways »

Way back in the 1970’s Greece announced that after a UK citizen arrived in Greece, became unwell and was diagnosed with smallpox that all travellers from UK had to have a valid smallpox vaccination certificate or they would be vaccinated on arrival in Greece. My wife and myself arranged to be vaccinated at the health centre at Broadloan and Paisley Road next to the library and fire station. We then had to go to Mill Street in Paisley to collect a validated vaccination certificate from the county medical officer, all this just a few days before we were due to fly to athens on holiday.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

That rank unionist Gordon Dewar has been on some travel talking heads committee making a hearse of himself again re the Covid measures which the experts are dealing with in Scotland. He said something about by March there will be fridges full of vaccine and no means of administering it. It’s like a bricklayer commenting on neuroscience.

He then said our First Minister was actively campaigning against the travel and tourism industries despite yesterday’s revelations about the second wave being introduced to Scotland by travellers.

Of course the borders should have been closed if we wanted to be Covid free but none of the vested interests would like that. We have the predicted consequences now and they don’t like that either.

All vested interests need to butt out and leave it to the experts.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

Clive wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:14 am That rank unionist Gordon Dewar has been on some travel talking heads committee making a hearse of himself again re the Covid measures which the experts are dealing with in Scotland. He said something about by March there will be fridges full of vaccine and no means of administering it. It’s like a bricklayer commenting on neuroscience.

He then said our First Minister was actively campaigning against the travel and tourism industries despite yesterday’s revelations about the second wave being introduced to Scotland by travellers.

Of course the borders should have been closed if we wanted to be Covid free but none of the vested interests would like that. We have the predicted consequences now and they don’t like that either.

All vested interests need to butt out and leave it to the experts.
All politicians need to butt out and leave it to the experts really. This entire episode has more than proven there are certain situations where politics is clearly NOT the answer. The often used 'Jaws, Mayor of Amity' comparison of self interest versus public health shown by the vast majority of politicians world wide has not done any of them any favours. But I'm sure they'll all be lining up to collect their 'didn't we do well' shiny gongs at the end of it.