Corona virus and its effects on GLA

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

Clive
Site Admin

Re: Corona virus and its effects on GLA

Post by Clive »

Allen McL wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:52 am
Clive wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:14 am That rank unionist Gordon Dewar has been on some travel talking heads committee making a hearse of himself again re the Covid measures which the experts are dealing with in Scotland. He said something about by March there will be fridges full of vaccine and no means of administering it. It’s like a bricklayer commenting on neuroscience.

He then said our First Minister was actively campaigning against the travel and tourism industries despite yesterday’s revelations about the second wave being introduced to Scotland by travellers.

Of course the borders should have been closed if we wanted to be Covid free but none of the vested interests would like that. We have the predicted consequences now and they don’t like that either.

All vested interests need to butt out and leave it to the experts.
All politicians need to butt out and leave it to the experts really. This entire episode has more than proven there are certain situations where politics is clearly NOT the answer. The often used 'Jaws, Mayor of Amity' comparison of self interest versus public health shown by the vast majority of politicians world wide has not done any of them any favours. But I'm sure they'll all be lining up to collect their 'didn't we do well' shiny gongs at the end of it.
And business owners and leaders. And the general public. Why do journalists ask them what they think? None of the above know anything about virology and public health protection.

The radio asked someone if they were apprehensive of having the vaccine. She said she was as she needs more info about it. What could she possibly do with more information that the actual experts couldn’t? Makes my blood boil.

It’s not political. It’s worldwide and we just need to get rid of the virus. Only then will business return to normal.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
hads

Post by hads »

With a 99% recovery rate, and deaths attributed to the elderly and those with underlying health problems, dont you think us Business owners, TAX payers, have a right to question this complete virtue signalling shitshow? The majority of people being economically affected by all political decsions either work for the Public sector, dont work and live off benefits, and/or have nothing to lose?
Gordon dewar may not suit your political nuance mate, but, his opinion is equally as valid as yours. Because he is a unioinst you couldnt wait to press the FREEDUM button.

Lets get back to work and take our chances. This nonsense needs to stop.
dav3

Post by dav3 »

hads wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:26 pm With a 99% recovery rate, and deaths attributed to the elderly and those with underlying health problems, dont you think us Business owners, TAX payers, have a right to question this complete virtue signalling shitshow? The majority of people being economically affected by all political decsions either work for the Public sector, dont work and live off benefits, and/or have nothing to lose?
Gordon dewar may not suit your political nuance mate, but, his opinion is equally as valid as yours. Because he is a unioinst you couldnt wait to press the FREEDUM button.

Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

hads wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:26 pm The majority of people being economically affected by all political decsions either work for the Public sector, dont work and live off benefits, and/or have nothing to lose?

Well let's just round them all up and euthanise them, then the shops can open again eh ? :shock:
dav3

Post by dav3 »

dav3 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:45 pm
hads wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:26 pm With a 99% recovery rate, and deaths attributed to the elderly and those with underlying health problems, dont you think us Business owners, TAX payers, have a right to question this complete virtue signalling shitshow? The majority of people being economically affected by all political decsions either work for the Public sector, dont work and live off benefits, and/or have nothing to lose?

unbelievable.survival of the fittest.care home workers with virus .....back to work.hospital workers with virus .......back to work.people with virus who travel by bus or train ....back to work..got the virus and going on holiday.....carry on...as long as business owners can make their money....there are people on here reading your rubbish who have lost people to this disease.show some respect
hads

Post by hads »

Allen McL wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:53 pm
hads wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:26 pm The majority of people being economically affected by all political decsions either work for the Public sector, dont work and live off benefits, and/or have nothing to lose?

Well let's just round them all up and euthanise them, then the shops can open again eh ? :shock:
So smarty pants. Whats your solution?
Give everyone benefits that dont work in Public sector?
40% of population currently work for Government and only 48% of total population pay income tax.
Cant you see the massive, huge, Red, Tooting Fricking train coming through the tunnel?
hads

Post by hads »

dav3 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:55 pm

unbelievable.survival of the fittest.care home workers with virus .....back to work.hospital workers with virus .......back to work.people with virus who travel by bus or train ....back to work..got the virus and going on holiday.....carry on...as long as business owners can make their money....there are people on here reading your rubbish who have lost people to this disease.show some respect
Bollox.
My family work in NHS. I hear the truth every day. Every single day.
Stop virtue signalling and playing to the crowd. Deal with facts.
Without tax revenues you will be eating roadkill out of Asda bags.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

See what I mean, folks? 4000 dead but Tories think business comes first. Nor do they understand that the quickest way to get business back is to kill off the virus.

The second wave needn’t have come to Scotland if the vested interests hadn’t insisted on flucking it up. I’m sure those who have been bereaved when their loved one drowned in their own mucus will wish they had kept the head.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
atuk

Post by atuk »

Clive wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:19 pm [quote=hads post_id=2622 time=<a href="tel:1607606811">1607606811</a> user_id=150]
With a 99% recovery rate, and deaths attributed to the elderly and those with underlying health problems, dont you think us Business owners, TAX payers, have a right to question this complete virtue signalling shitshow? The majority of people being economically affected by all political decsions either work for the Public sector, dont work and live off benefits, and/or have nothing to lose?

See what I mean, folks? 4000 dead but Tories think business comes first. Nor do they understand that the quickest way to get business back is to kill off the virus.

The second wave needn’t have come to Scotland if the vested interests hadn’t insisted on flucking it up. I’m sure those who have been bereaved when their loved one drowned in their own mucus will wish they had kept the head.
[/quote]

No you have to strike a balance. The public sector relies on a strong, vibrant, successful private sector to fund it. Without that we shall all be in penury as Hads quite correctly states. All economic statements I’ve seen point to the huge job losses in the private sector, more salary cuts and shorter hours have been imposed on private sector firms. The public sector continues on regardless. No paycuts for politicians, bones in NHS but what about other essential public services, logistics, transport? We are all in this together? Really?

I fully endorse Mr Dewar’s viewpoint and comments and suspect Mr Provan won’t be far behind. Ms Sturgeon’s statement takes zero account of folks cancelled holidays being moved forward in 2021. It’s time for a balanced approach and not the policies of the zealots.
dav3

Post by dav3 »

hads wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:10 pm
dav3 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:55 pm
Bollox.
My family work in NHS. I hear the truth every day. Every single day.
Stop virtue signalling and playing to the crowd. Deal with facts.
Without tax revenues you will be eating roadkill out of Asda bags.
bollox is it .my mother in law died of the virus because her grandson took it into her house from work.he is devastated.and dont call me smarty pants just because i have a different opinion from you.there is going to be more trouble form this cock up called brexit than what the virus has caused.will probably also take us longer to get over it