Corona virus and its effects on GLA

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

McG

Re: Netherlands

Post by McG »

Clive wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:58 am
The new measures will be short term - if they work.

They’ll only work if people stay in their houses.
Having watched the scenes at St. Pancras last night on the news I would think it's likely the more transmissible strain will be seeded throughout England in the coming days.

As someone who has used St. Pancras in the past, those scenes were typical of a peak bank holiday Friday get away - not the middle of a pandemic.
Clive
Site Admin

Re: Netherlands

Post by Clive »

McG wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:48 am
Clive wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:58 am
The new measures will be short term - if they work.

They’ll only work if people stay in their houses.
Having watched the scenes at St. Pancras last night on the news I would think it's likely the more transmissible strain will be seeded throughout England in the coming days.

As someone who has used St. Pancras in the past, those scenes were typical of a peak bank holiday Friday get away - not the middle of a pandemic.
Sadly there will be hoards coming to Scotland from Euston and Kings Cross. Keeping the new strain of virus on the down low in Scotland will be impossible. We can expect our numbers to go ballistic in the next couple of weeks.

Seriously time to hunker down folks.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Ekally1

Re: Corona virus and its effects on GLA

Post by Ekally1 »

Apparently you cant't travel on the train during this period unless its for work or essential travel . Police will be monitoring trains and platforms and working with booking companys and directly with train operators to make sure it happens . Also is the same for car hire firms ..
big ears

Post by big ears »

KLM stopping all UK flights and looks like Lufthnsa also..... :-(
McG

Post by McG »

There's mention on Flyertalk of possibility of EU wide ban on passenger flights from UK till the 6th of January.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

McG wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:34 pm There's mention on Flyertalk of possibility of EU wide ban on passenger flights from UK till the 6th of January.
No wonder.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Irnbrukid

Post by Irnbrukid »

If only Britain was an Island.....we could have controlled Covid more effectively
Irnbrukid

Post by Irnbrukid »

International Aircrew arriving in Australia travelling with Covid & now pilot in Taiwan identified as source of Covid transmission
atuk

Post by atuk »

Irnbrukid wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:35 pm International Aircrew arriving in Australia travelling with Covid & now pilot in Taiwan identified as source of Covid transmission
Said person has been fined and now sacked by Eva Air.
big ears

Post by big ears »

big ears wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:33 pm KLM stopping all UK flights and looks like Lufthnsa also..... :-(
KLM still flying? I'm sure I aw a KLM Embraer arriving this morning??