Corona virus and its effects on GLA

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

Clive
Site Admin

Re: Corona virus and its effects on GLA

Post by Clive »

Allen McL wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:46 am
Clive wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:30 am Dubai now added to Scotland’s quarantine list for arriving pax.

How will Emirates react I wonder ? Surely other countries have/will followed suit ? Oh and I guess the chances of Emirates doing one of their sponsored logo jets with Celtic FC on the side have somewhat diminished ? :shock:
Aye but this had nothing to do with Celtic. It’s the high prevalence in Dubai which puts it into the red category.

To be fair, Dubai or anywhere else in the world should not be allowing flights from the UK which has the highest prevalence per capita of any territory.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

Allen McL wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:46 am
Clive wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:30 am Dubai now added to Scotland’s quarantine list for arriving pax.

How will Emirates react I wonder ? Surely other countries have/will followed suit ? Oh and I guess the chances of Emirates doing one of their sponsored logo jets with Celtic FC on the side have somewhat diminished ? :shock:
Celtic of course didn't travel with Emirates but 'The government said the change was due to a number of positive cases being identified in passengers who had flown into Glasgow from Dubai since the new year.'

It must be near certain that Emirates will revert back to a reduced primarily freight operation
Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

Yes I realise Celtic didn't travel on Emirates and that all protocols were observed in terms of the travel arrangements, excuse my sarcastic wit, but I daresay the fallout and ensuing publicity has helped sway the Scottish Government decision today too. Jason Leitch mentioned rising Covid cases in the UAE whilst doing his weekly spot on Off The Ball at the weekend, and now we have a positive case plus enforced isolation amongst the Celtic FC staff.
sunflyer

Post by sunflyer »

Emirates reduced to 4 weekly
Irnbrukid

Post by Irnbrukid »

Interesting article about the potential spread of Covid on an aircraft.
Irnbrukid

Post by Irnbrukid »

End of February Jet2 flight to Geneva for ski trip cancelled due to uncertainty of Covid situation
egpffqtv

Post by egpffqtv »

UK Govt have now added UAE to quarantine list.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

https://www.heraldscotland.com/business ... s-deepens/

GLA new accounts lodged and it doesn’t look good.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
hads

Post by hads »

Irnbrukid wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:27 pm End of February Jet2 flight to Geneva for ski trip cancelled due to uncertainty of Covid situation
All french and swiss ski resorts closed unless you have identification showing local resident.Italy closed full stop.
Update from france due on 19.1.21.
Tour operators cancelled holiodays early December.
In a nutshell. No ski Holidays for any UK skiers.
looking like April at the earliest. One slight problem about April is the decreasing amounts of snow.
Not looking good for my crew this year.
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

Clive wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:06 am https://www.heraldscotland.com/business ... s-deepens/

GLA new accounts lodged and it doesn’t look good.
It will not look good for any airport with a high/very high dependency on passenger traffic whether business or leisure

These accounts to December 2019 were signed off on 23/24 June 2020 but only lodged on 24 December just ahead of the extended filing deadline - the impact of COVID-19 is I suspect much greater than was envisaged 6-9 months ago

I note in the comments below the article, one Joe Curry's contribution . . . . "If Emirates start flying exclusively from Edinburgh Airport along with the High Street leisure fleet. Glasgow Airport would be mortally wounded."

The next few months are key for every airport to start rebuilding its airline base and route network but it will be a 'dog eat dog' situation against a backdrop of lower passenger volumes for the next 2 to 4 years