Corona virus and its effects on GLA

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

dav3

Re: Corona virus and its effects on GLA

Post by dav3 »

had to take father in law for hospital appointment this afternoon...couldnt believe the traffic on roads,was like normal day.governments are flogging a dead horse .half the population isn't listening
McG

Post by McG »

dav3 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:40 pm had to take father in law for hospital appointment this afternoon...couldnt believe the traffic on roads,was like normal day.governments are flogging a dead horse .half the population isn't listening
I think it's more complicated than people aren't listening. Compared to the first lockdown there are a lot more businesses and sectors that are allowed to continue operating now. One of the biggest issues seems to be people not isolating after a positive test or not quarantining after arriving back from abroad. This has been a recurring theme throughout the pandemic. We only need to look at how Australia and other countries, South Korea for instance, have managed their self isolation and quarantine to see how much better we could be doing in this regard.
dav3

Post by dav3 »

what i meant was people are being told to stay at home .same as australia and south korea.they choose to do it while a large minority here choose to ignore it.an 8pm till 5am curfew like france has might be a good thing.think its starting at 6pm soon.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

dav3 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:04 pm what i meant was people are being told to stay at home .same as australia and south korea.they choose to do it while a large minority here choose to ignore it.an 8pm till 5am curfew like france has might be a good thing.think its starting at 6pm soon.
Agree with all these ideas for the tightest measures but of course the idiotic right wingers would be claiming it’s a communist government and all that Trumpian bull instead of realising it’s to save lives and get the economy back to full speed an awful lot sooner.

To this day there are still Tory bampots in England saying lift the lockdown, let the fittest survive and let the virus weed out the weak. Hitler would be proud.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
dav3

Post by dav3 »

i think the governments north and south of the border have found a reasonable balance it's just that people of all persuasions don't care enough about the elderly.they choose to do what they want ahead of the safety of family members.very sad
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

[/quote]
A single daily flight appears to resume on Monday KL1473/1474
[/quote]

First KLM now showing as Wednesday
Ian

Post by Ian »

KLM are operating to Edinburgh and Newcastle today but not Aberdeen nor Glasgow.
Ian
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

Hitler ?? Seriously ??
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Ekally1 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:57 pm Hitler ?? Seriously ??
Yes I’m pretty sure if he was around today he’d be an anti-vaxxer, anti-lockdown, Covid-denying bampot. And a Trump supporter.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

you should not have gone there .. thought politics was of limits here