Canarian Airways

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

Clive
Site Admin

Canarian Airways

Post by Clive »

https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Allen McL

Re: Canarian Airways

Post by Allen McL »

I've seen this ridiculed elsewhere'already. I'll believe it when I see it.
big ears

Post by big ears »

No hable espaniol :roll:
awwdabaaby

Post by awwdabaaby »

Seems a bit familair, loco flights anyone?
Aerecosse

Post by Aerecosse »

Flown: BA, BD, BE, BY, DA, AMM, MT, XL, JN, EI, FR, LH, JK, BV, NW, HP, US, CO, AC, DL, QF, AN, NZ, TN, RAR, MH, CX, FM, SA, EK, EY
baystate

Post by baystate »

Aerecosse wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:08 pm Some more info on this one....
https://www.routesonline.com/news/29/br ... n-airways/
Its an interesting move on their part to create a more sustainable supply chain - if you can exercise influence/control over the flights its more likely you can spin demand up or down depending on the situation. As much as the article is citing recovery post-COVID and post-TCX, I also suspect this is a bargaining chip with Ryanair. Didn't they cut TFS as a base in Jan-20?
awwdabaaby

Post by awwdabaaby »

baystate wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:48 pm
Aerecosse wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:08 pm Some more info on this one....
https://www.routesonline.com/news/29/br ... n-airways/
Its an interesting move on their part to create a more sustainable supply chain - if you can exercise influence/control over the flights its more likely you can spin demand up or down depending on the situation. As much as the article is citing recovery post-COVID and post-TCX, I also suspect this is a bargaining chip with Ryanair. Didn't they cut TFS as a base in Jan-20?
Gran Canaria, Tenerife South, Lanzarote and Girona were announced to be closing. That was published in Aug 2019, didn't say a date on the article I read
atuk

Post by atuk »

It’s backed by a consortium of Tenerife hoteliers who wished to guard their supply chain following collapses in U.K. and German markets.

The article I read mentioned concern at the closures of Germania, Air Berlin and the failure of Thomas Cook in German, Scandinavian and U.K. markets.

Operating aircraft will be an A319 a strange choice for these routes given long sectors to Scandinavia and the fact that Tenerife is not as popular in European markets as Gran Canaria and Fuerteventura.

Time will tell; I wouldn’t hold my breath though. You may see the break up of TUI before this comes into being.