Interesting thoughts on post Brexit air industry.

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

1-11

Re: Interesting thoughts on post Brexit air industry.

Post by 1-11 »

Jeblue,
Thank you for your reply. I think we are on the same page here. I fully agree with your points 1 and 2. Medically speaking it will all be over soon, in fact even without vaccines the number of cases is already falling. The only problem is, will Governments really want to set us free again ?
On point 3, my meaning was that we need to allow the vaccines some more time to prove that they work effectively, I was not questioning their effectiveness per se, They are experimental vaccines released by the authorities for Emergency use, - we are still in the data collecting phase and we will know more once we get some numbers to analyse. From what I have been reading Viruses get less lethal as they mutate so that should also prove to be positive as we move forward. As far as death rate goes, NHS figures show that the Death rate in Scotland over the past 12 months was actually only about 13 % higher than it has been over the past 5 years. So Scottish undertakers are having a good year ( business up by 13% ), but they will not be pre-ordering their Ferrarri's quite yet.
Funny that nobody died of Flu this year.
Point 4. I was reading an article over on the Guardian, titled "Lockdown necessary every 2 years to prevent Climate Change !" That was what prompted my comment.
I am far from advocating this stuff. But preventing "Climate Change" is very fashionable these days, and burning fossil fuels is seen as making out with the Devil himself. The "Save the Planet" mob are very vocal and it is heresay to disagree with them. Greta Thunberg would be quite happy to see 80% of the world's population starve to death, and for the rest of us to live in caves, just to prevent a 1degC increase in planetary temperatures.
1-11

Post by 1-11 »

I personally think they should mandatory unless exempt for medical reasons and if you’re that bad you shouldn’t be out and about or travelling anyway.
Atuk,
I must respectfully disagree with you.
This a disease which will kill off primarily the weak and the elderly, and which 99.5% of the general population will not only survive, but will not even know they have been ill.
The mRNA vaccines being administered today are experimental gene therapies. They are only released by the medical authorities under Emergency use.
They are not true vaccines in the normal sense, ( well the Russian Sputnik-5 is ).
Why should we innocculate young and healthy people with such a drug considering all the potential unknown dangers it may contain ?
This is an illness which is not deadly to them, it's not polio or Smallpox, - it's a Flu bug.
Sure, protect the vulnerable, but let the young and healthy lead their lives under some kind of normality.
It would be much better for the young to get the virus, and to develop herd immunity while they are able to withstand it, and hence offer them some protection as they get older.
Besides, if you get vaccinated yourself, why should I get vaccinated ?
If I get the virus that's up to me, and if I already have it, then I'm not a danger to you because you have already been vaccinated.
Furthermore, I don't think that governments or anyone else has the right to tell people what to do with their own bodies, and I don't think that they have the right to determine who travels and who doesn't.
People who are scared of catching the virus should stay indoors, not those who want to get out and enjoy their life.
Life is a risk and it will be over before you know it, so stop worrying about it and enjoy the days that you get.
atuk

Post by atuk »

1-11 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:59 pm
I personally think they should mandatory unless exempt for medical reasons and if you’re that bad you shouldn’t be out and about or travelling anyway.
Atuk,
This a disease which will kill off primarily the weak and the elderly, and which 99.5% of the general population will not only survive, but will not even know they have been ill.
The mRNA vaccines being administered today are experimental gene therapies. They are only released by the medical authorities under Emergency use.
They are not true vaccines in the normal sense, ( well the Russian Sputnik-5 is ).
Why should we innocculate young and healthy people with such a drug considering all the potential unknown dangers it may contain ?
This is an illness which is not deadly to them, it's not polio or Smallpox, - it's a Flu bug.
Sure, protect the vulnerable, but let the young and healthy lead their lives under some kind of normality.
It would be much better for the young to get the virus, and to develop herd immunity while they are able to withstand it, and hence offer them some protection as they get older.
If I get the virus that's up to me, and if I already have it, then I'm not a danger to you because you have already been vaccinated.
Furthermore, I don't think that governments or anyone else has the right to tell people what to do with their own bodies, and I don't think that they have the right to determine who travels and who doesn't.
People who are scared of catching the virus should stay indoors, not those who want to get out and enjoy their life.
Life is a risk and it will be over before you know it, so stop worrying about it and enjoy the days that you get.
Each to their own. My article covered the impact on aviation which has been decimated by the impact if Covid.

Your response implies that given the effect on majority of the population there should have been business as usual since this started in late 2019. The interesting statements regards Sputnik is that Hungary and Italy are using this due to insufficient supplies from the EU.
big ears

Post by big ears »

1-11 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:59 pm
Atuk,
I'm sorry but this post is rubbish. Personally I couldnt care less whether you get the vaccine or not thats a decision for you to make. But to say that you are not a danger is grossly erroneous as you could be a carrier. You may indeed not even catch the disease. I dont think anybody in the government is telling you, you must be vaccinated, they are offering it to you free. Fortunately the vast majority of sane people in this country are taking it. I also want to enjoy life, whats left of it, but have no wish to be continually wearing a mask and looking over my shoulder because a few uncaring people refuse to be vaccinated or to follow the rules, such as the lunatics in Edmiston Drive and George Square last week.

I also cannot wait to get on holiday, and take to the skies again and visit far off places, but this is not going to happen anytime soon because certain people think they know better than the doctors, and epidemeologists and virologists of the world.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Well said Big Ears. Spot on.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
1-11

Post by 1-11 »

Fortunately the vast majority of sane people in this country are taking it.

It’s simply amazing how gullible people are.
Covid has morphed into a religion. To question the orthodoxy is to be burned as a heretic.
I also want to enjoy life
So far there have been 71 deaths of young and otherwise healthy people from getting vaccinated.
8 European countries have suspended administering the Astra jab. Life is a risk which ever way you look at it.
I dont think anybody in the government is telling you, you must be vaccinated, they are offering it to you free.
No they are not telling you ( yet ), they just make your life Hell if you don’t take it.
. . a few uncaring people refuse to be vaccinated . .
Maybe these people do care, but they care about different things from you.

You obviously don’t care about the effects that Lockdown and other mandates are having on our young people.
Here is a short 3min video clip made by an Aussie scholar. Try to think back to when you were 16, and think about having your life trashed before it even gets off the ground.

https://youtu.be/iSkbd6hRkXo
dav3

Post by dav3 »

1-11 says only the WEAK will die......ONLY 13% more deaths........governments wont set us free again.....why is this guy allowed to post on here.are we that desperate for members
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

dav3 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:07 am 1-11 says only the WEAK will die......ONLY 13% more deaths........governments wont set us free again.....why is this guy allowed to post on here.are we that desperate for members
People are aloud opinions despite if you agree or not i am afraid ...
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Ekally1 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:41 am
dav3 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:07 am 1-11 says only the WEAK will die......ONLY 13% more deaths........governments wont set us free again.....why is this guy allowed to post on here.are we that desperate for members
People are aloud opinions despite if you agree or not i am afraid ...

I think Dav3 has a good point. This is exactly the kind of Trumpian dangerous Covid-denying stuff that has been been banned by Twitter and Facebook.

In as much as political opinion isn’t allowed in this forum I think this crap from 1-11/ESP has been allowed for too long.

We’ll just delete any such posts in future and if there’s any fallout we’ll deal with the perpetrators.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Captainfrank

Post by Captainfrank »

Well done Clive. Totally agree.