Loganair

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

ianegpf

G-LGNE (LOG800M)

Post by ianegpf »

G-LGNE has made its last departure from Glasgow and has now arrived at East Midlands to have the Loganair logos painted out prior to officially leaving the fleet and going back to Saab as some kind of development aircraft (Saabdriver may be able to confirm this new role?)

This was a special aircraft for me as 2 years ago for my 60th my son flew me to Kirkwall and back as a 'VIP guest' :D (got 2 caramel wafers, a tea cake and a can of coke) :lol: He was given both legs to fly and totally embarrassed me with a 'gushing' cabin announcement thanking us for all the support he got getting him through flight school etc :oops:

In another coincidence he told me that he flew 'NE' on its very last revenue flight back from Donegal before it went in for its extended C check prior to fleet retirement ;)

A special aircraft indeed..... :D

IB
Saabdriver

Re: Loganair

Post by Saabdriver »

Ian - yes, the aircraft is off to Saab for the summer to develop the kit for "SatNav" approaches on the 340 - LPV. Saab will only have it for the summer and it's apparently going to become a freighter after that - you never know, we might yet see it back in that new guise!
ianegpf

Post by ianegpf »

Cheers SD....my son has gone down to East Midlands this morning and is bringing NE back to Glasgow this afternoon some time :D

IB
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Loganair struggling?

https://www.heraldscotland.com/business ... ts-tumble/

In other news they have launched NWI-EXT...
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
egpffqtv

Post by egpffqtv »

Clive wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:14 am Loganair struggling?

https://www.heraldscotland.com/business ... ts-tumble/

In other news they have launched NWI-EXT...
Story only available to subscribers.

I’d suggest that like many other businesses, they are in difficulty after this last year.
Gla1

Post by Gla1 »

Seems Aer Lingus Regional have taken the Glasgow-belfast city Route from Loganair, unsure if it was a mutual agreement or Loganair deciding to not compete. It’s a shame their Glasgow base seems to be shrinking quite a bit.

@seanm1997 reporting on twitter.
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

All about english routes these days .. GLA not important it seems.. starting , dropping routes constantly ...
Last edited by Ekally1 on Thu May 20, 2021 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
awwdabaaby

Post by awwdabaaby »

Ekally1 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:10 am All about english routes these days .. GLA not important these days .. starting , dropping routes constantly ...
Fully agree
egpffqtv

Post by egpffqtv »

‘Scotland’s Airline’
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

egpffqtv wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:34 pm ‘Scotland’s Airline’
:lol: :lol: