Airport

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

hads

Airport

Post by hads »

I know lots on here are very protective of the airport. However. Just back from Marbs last night.
On departure, first time in airport since 2019, I have to say that the place is like a bus station.
Its looking very tired and dirty.
Yes. Covid etc. Yes yes.
However, the fact remains that , in my humble, they need to up the game. Its really a 5 out of 10.
Ekally1

Re: Airport

Post by Ekally1 »

When you fly into the old pier , and you walk through the corridors i always cringe ... Its a mess and not beholding a international gateway . GLA do need to step up , overall place does look dirty
jcanuck

Post by jcanuck »

I have to agree. Flew in from YYZ on May 8 and back to YYZ on May 15 and was not impressed by either experience, especially the Arrivals area.
J
GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

I also have to agree, departures is pretty grim but arrivals is just a god awful 1st impression for anybody coming to Scotland.
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

jcanuck wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:17 pm I have to agree. Flew in from YYZ on May 8 and back to YYZ on May 15 and was not impressed by either experience, especially the Arrivals area.
J
I was on TS a couple of years ago , we disembarked at old terminal due to ek gate getting built, walking through arrivals was embarrassing and a few Canadians commented ... Its certainly not pleasant to look at and not gonna attract new operators and passengers will go elsewhere, reminds me of pik
egpffqtv

Post by egpffqtv »

Maybe when we're independent, the Government will see sense, bulldoze both GLA & EDI and build a Central Scotland airport :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
bill

Post by bill »

GeorgeNTravels wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:02 pm I also have to agree, departures is pretty grim but arrivals is just a god awful 1st impression for anybody coming to Scotland.

Thankfully they all arrive at EDI now. Only people we have arriving at GLA are the ones who flew out the week/2 weeks before. :D
Seriously though, the airport is a disgusting mess. Hugely embarrassing.
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

Time to fill out the comments form and see what response you get

Don't expect any improvement 'continuing to manage its cost base to recover losses' and 'Capital expenditure has been deferred or cancelled, except for safety and compliance required investments'

I wonder if the Canadians were on WestJet . . . and if they filled out a comments form!
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Sadly I have to agree. Inside the entire passenger flow areas is looking worn out and depressed.

The only consolation is I really don’t think that will make any difference to anyone’s travel plans. Pax don’t care. To them an airport is just the facility where they access their plane and get to their destination.

What GLA needs is more flights to/from more destinations, and the passengers will follow.

I’d contend that the lack of money to invest by the airport company is not an excuse, it’s a hard fact.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Gla1

Post by Gla1 »

The check in area and security looks relatively decent but then it all goes downhill after duty free. The ceilings are too low, the layout is awkward and has no natural flow. The area with a couple of seats outside the Lomond lounge looks terrible.
The departures area feels cramped and the offering is poor. I know COVID has meant the available capital isn’t there atm but they should be considering expanding the international pier out to the old drop off area giving plenty of space for more outlets and seating.

The low cost pier is ridiculously bad as is the central pier. Crying out for new windows if nothing else.