KLM..?

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

danairs

KLM..?

Post by danairs »

Alright everyone.., got a question for those of you in the know.
Just booked with KLM for the end of October to Zurich.
My flight at 10:45 GLA/AMS has been cancelled and I've been rebooked by KLM onto a departure at 07:25. Is this departure the night stopper or a morning turn around. Looks like in October, every Friday is down to just 2 daily KLM departures, or am I missing something here..!!
I'm grateful I booked when I did thou, as the fare has now jumped from £160 return, to just over £400 each. ECK..!!
GeorgeNTravels

Re: KLM..?

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

danairs wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:00 pm Alright everyone.., got a question for those of you in the know.
Just booked with KLM for the end of October to Zurich.
My flight at 10:45 GLA/AMS has been cancelled and I've been rebooked by KLM onto a departure at 07:25. Is this departure the night stopper or a morning turn around. Looks like in October, every Friday is down to just 2 daily KLM departures, or am I missing something here..!!
I'm grateful I booked when I did thou, as the fare has now jumped from £160 return, to just over £400 each. ECK..!!
Looking at the times for the night before it looks like it is the night stop departure moved from 0615.
Iain

Post by Iain »

Yeah, it looks like it goes down to 2 daily 738/739 some days in Sep/Oct, but still with a nightstopper. Appears no arrivals from AMS on those days before mid afternoon which isn't great.

Looks to go back up to 4 daily in Nov so it's maybe to do with pressure at AMS rather than demand?
danairs

Post by danairs »

Thanks for the info guys..!!
Been havin a search at KLM schedules and looks like quite a bit of change right now. Some other days throughout the week are down to 2 departures, 07:25 and 16:55.
Noticed the night stopper is cancelled.., even tonight and the rest of this week too.., I'm really surprised as I've flown that early morning flight in the past and it's generally always very busy.
Guess Schipol is having issues just like everywhere these days..!!
Again.., thanks for your input. D
GKirk

Post by GKirk »

Due to AMS restrictions rather than GLA management this time.
atuk

Post by atuk »

GKirk wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:35 am Due to AMS restrictions rather than GLA management this time.
Absolutely AMS slot restrictions have capped pax at around 140k per day.