Corona virus and its effects on GLA

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

Clive
Site Admin

Re: Corona virus and it’s effects on GLA

Post by Clive »

Allen McL wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:32 am
Clive wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:45 am Ryanair restart ALC and AGP-GLA today. :)
Coincidentally just as Spain relaxes it's quarantine restrictions on incoming Brits.
Hawd me back. :lol:

No seriously, I’m offski in about 5 weeks time. 8-)
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
atuk

Post by atuk »

Clive wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:48 am [quote="Allen McL" post_id=768 time=<a href="tel:1592731970">1592731970</a> user_id=90]
[quote=Clive post_id=767 time=<a href="tel:1592721944">1592721944</a> user_id=2]
Ryanair restart ALC and AGP-GLA today. :)
Coincidentally just as Spain relaxes it's quarantine restrictions on incoming Brits.
[/quote]

Hawd me back. :lol:

No seriously, I’m offski in about 5 weeks time. 8-)
[/quote]

Enjoy Clive September has been cancelled for us, no Palma this year. We shall just have to make up next year. Hopefully Sicily will be on for August.
McG

Post by McG »

KLM are upguaging the AMS flight to the Embraer 190 from tomorrow. Booking engine shows upguage to B737-700 from 6th July.

This is a good sign that load factors are starting to return.
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

McG wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:19 pm KLM are upguaging the AMS flight to the Embraer 190 from tomorrow. Booking engine shows upguage to B737-700 from 6th July.

Yes, but it illustrates the long road ahead - no direct long-haul competition, minimal connecting long-haul competition

I can see Q4 passenger traffic struggling to get to 30% of last year and Q1 next year maybe getting to 50%-60%
PiperOne

Post by PiperOne »

Bearsden wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:20 pm
McG wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:19 pm KLM are upguaging the AMS flight to the Embraer 190 from tomorrow. Booking engine shows upguage to B737-700 from 6th July.

Yes, but it illustrates the long road ahead - no direct long-haul competition, minimal connecting long-haul competition

I can see Q4 passenger traffic struggling to get to 30% of last year and Q1 next year maybe getting to 50%-60%
Unfortunately AGS are still to report March and April figures to the CAA. They are the only one's outstanding for March, and 8 other airports are also outstanding for April. As at February, our 12-month figure was 8.8m, so I would think we're probably down 1.5-2.0m since then. Good to see KLM having a bit of faith, but it's going to be a long, slow road to recovery.
Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

I noted the builders have returned at the new manufacturing district project along the Abbotsinch Rd today. Although two builders stooped over a large kerb stone about 10 inches apart and with no facial protection, wasn't awfully impressive. And a half built Starbucks drive in near me in Paisley is underway again too.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Allen McL wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:47 pm I noted the builders have returned at the new manufacturing district project along the Abbotsinch Rd today. Although two builders stooped over a large kerb stone about 10 inches apart and with no facial protection, wasn't awfully impressive. And a half built Starbucks drive in near me in Paisley is underway again too.
Do you know what the 2 or 3 new drive through eateries under construction are at the Phoenix opposite Burger King?
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
MD-11

Post by MD-11 »

Clive wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:30 pm
Allen McL wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:47 pm I noted the builders have returned at the new manufacturing district project along the Abbotsinch Rd today. Although two builders stooped over a large kerb stone about 10 inches apart and with no facial protection, wasn't awfully impressive. And a half built Starbucks drive in near me in Paisley is underway again too.
Do you know what the 2 or 3 new drive through eateries under construction are at the Phoenix opposite Burger King?
I know one of them is a Taco Bell, thats the only one I care about tbh :lol:
Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

MD-11 wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:43 pm
Clive wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:30 pm
I know one of them is a Taco Bell, thats the only one I care about tbh :lol:
Let me know when someone does a drive thru mince n' totties...
bill

Post by bill »

Allen McL wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:45 pm
Let me know when someone does a drive thru mince n' totties...
You could be on to something there Allen. :lol: