New Easyjet Route to Hurghada

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

FlyGLA

Re: New Easyjet Route to Hurghada

Post by FlyGLA »

As much as I'd love to see aircraft 6 (and 7 and so on) I can't see the base growing until the 5th aircraft is based on a year round bases. I could be wrong of course.
bill

Post by bill »

Bearsden wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:49 pm
Iain wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:36 pm
Gla1 wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:13 pm Thought I’d compare the actual EasyJet announcement to GLA’s and found an interesting snippet in that Hurghada will be year round from GLA. Not sure if this therefore means we will be losing another destination, shuffling round of routes with EJU covering even more or indeed if we might be lucky enough to gain a 6th aircraft… probably going too far at the end there.

https://mediacentre.easyjet.com/story/1 ... rom-the-uk
Good spot there to see that it's year round, that makes it even better news! Theyd have to do quite a lot of shuffling to fit two of those very long sector returns into a 5 aircraft summer timetable, so hopefully it might mean a sixth based aircraft could appear.
GLA should encourage (ie discount deals) for non-based sectors in between the based Jet2/TUI waves
We've been saying that for years now. So many opportunities.
bill

Post by bill »

GeorgeNTravels wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:02 pm
bill wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:48 pm Shamateur from the press office but you expect nothing less these days.
Good news on the destination front though, we've got to welcome almost anything, but flight times not too braw in my opinion.
Is the press office in house or is it done by a third party in AGS’ behalf?
No idea George. Either way, it's pretty poor constantly.
atuk

Post by atuk »

I wonder if TUI will take seats on these flights to compliment SSH. Lots of TUI Blue and MagicLife properties there.