Easyjet cancellations

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

Jeremy Kemp

Easyjet cancellations

Post by Jeremy Kemp »

Does anyone know why the Flights to Porto and Lisbon from 21 to 25 July are cancelled?

JK
awwdabaaby

Re: Easyjet cancellations

Post by awwdabaaby »

Easyjet cabin crew strikes
Jeremy Kemp

Post by Jeremy Kemp »

Thanks

Our holiday to Porto is now a no go. Still waiting for EZY to tell me what they are doing.

JK
PiperOne

Post by PiperOne »

1700 cancellations over the next 3 months have been announced, mainly at Gatwick. Reportedly due to Air Traffic Control and airspace issues.
GKirk

Post by GKirk »

Jeremy Kemp wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:12 pm Thanks

Our holiday to Porto is now a no go. Still waiting for EZY to tell me what they are doing.

JK
Think this is due to easyjet Europe cabin crew strikes. Who knows, maybe they'll be able to offer you on a flight from EDI on easyjet UK?
FlyGLA

Post by FlyGLA »

GKirk wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:43 pm
Think this is due to easyjet Europe cabin crew strikes. Who knows, maybe they'll be able to offer you on a flight from EDI on easyjet UK?
I'm sure there will be plenty of empty seats at EDI that easyJet are desperate to fill with Glasgow passengers as is the case with most flights from EDI.

But here we are again. Another thread and people just want to talk EDI. Since the EDI thread was rightfully locked EDI chat has taken over the Interesting movements thread, the Air Transat at GLA thread was turned into the Air Canada at EDI thread and now here's you desperate just to get in a mention of EDI.

And apparently the forum isn't infested by trolls and EDI fan boys?! Maybe we can start small. 24 hours without EDI being mentioned. Can we manage that?
bill

Post by bill »

FlyGLA wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:36 pm
I'm sure there will be plenty of empty seats at EDI that easyJet are desperate to fill with Glasgow passengers as is the case with most flights from EDI.

But here we are again. Another thread and people just want to talk EDI. Since the EDI thread was rightfully locked EDI chat has taken over the Interesting movements thread, the Air Transat at GLA thread was turned into the Air Canada at EDI thread and now here's you desperate just to get in a mention of EDI.

And apparently the forum isn't infested by trolls and EDI fan boys?! Maybe we can start small.
24 hours without EDI being mentioned. Can we manage that?
Probably if coupled with a short holiday for breaking the rule. ;)
Jeremy Kemp

Post by Jeremy Kemp »

For clarity all flights to Porto or Lisbon crewed by non uk cabin crew have been cancelled on 21 to 25 July.

JK
FlyGLA

Post by FlyGLA »

bill wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:43 pm
FlyGLA wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:36 pm

And apparently the forum isn't infested by trolls and EDI fan boys?! Maybe we can start small.
24 hours without EDI being mentioned. Can we manage that?
Probably if coupled with a short holiday for breaking the rule. ;)
Great idea. Locking the EDI thread (rightly so) appears to have moved the EDI trolling to every other thread on this otherwise great forum. This forum should be for those who only have a genuine interest in GLA's success.

As I've said before, you really have to question the motives of why someone would join a GLA forum to then only ever post about EDI.
GKirk

Post by GKirk »

As a complete neutral, I was just offering advice on what the airline may do