Loganair to Belfast City

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

McG

Re: Loganair to Belfast City

Post by McG »

Allen McL wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:48 pm
ianegpf wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:19 am I hear they are going to be using the jets for this route!

IB
Anyone forsee a time when Loganair might acquire a couple of used A319's or such-like for routes like this ? JH was talking about "being appropriately tooled up" for certain routes when asked in that Anna Aero webinar the other day. I know that's not going to be top priority now, but say next year or a couple of years from now ?

I took that to be a reference to getting more ATR 72's on property in order to have better economics over the ATR 42 and the Embraers.

I don't see Loganair getting A319s or the like any time soon. In fact they would probably be better suited moving to an all ATR fleet.
Saabdriver

Post by Saabdriver »

Getting into larger jets would be a terrible move - head-on competition with easyJet and Ryanair for anything that is worth doing, but without the economies of scale that those airlines have.
Saabdriver

Post by Saabdriver »

Maybe of interest to hear of some of what's been happening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RupjAoq0iRs
billyg6

Post by billyg6 »

Looks like Aer Lingus are wanting a piece of the action on this route too , due to start before Loganair too !
Gla1

Post by Gla1 »

I wonder if this is catching Loganair off guard (if it comes off) or if they were aware the competition could be coming.
Saabdriver

Post by Saabdriver »

Well aware from the outset of this possibility.
Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

billyg6 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:26 pm Looks like Aer Lingus are wanting a piece of the action on this route too , due to start before Loganair too !
Is it mainline or Stobart (regional) though ? Didn't Stobart already announce a raft of BHD to UK services, with GLA excepted ?
Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

On FR24 just now (Weds 1020) watching G-SAJF performing a flight listed as BFS-GLA, aircraft appears to be heading in the Dundee direction though and has in fact (as I write) disappeared from view near Perth. Is this a one off charter or something else ?
Saabdriver

Post by Saabdriver »

Ad-hoc charter operation bringing a football team across. Returns tomorrow night.
Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

Saabdriver wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:01 pm Ad-hoc charter operation bringing a football team across. Returns tomorrow night.
Thanks !