Summer 2022 Delays/Disruption

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

PiperOne

Re: Summer 2022 Delays/Disruption

Post by PiperOne »

Operating yesterday's BY1718 ABZ-TFS as the fallout from C-FYJD having problems continues.
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

Poor TUI . . . TOM684 due out to Cancun delayed as passengers have packed e-cigarettes into their hold luggage!

Oceanic clearance cancelled

Plus another easyJet short notice cancellation (this time Gatwick)
atuk

Post by atuk »

Either a result of check in failure regards DGs or passengers telling lies.
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

Last night's Gatwick to Inverness which diverted to Glasgow last night landing at 2310 . . . unfortunately it was the earlier 1900 departure from Gatwick, the later 1945 flight got to Inverness just before 2200

Update:
If you're waiting for transport to Inverness today, once you have collected your baggage please make your way to Car Park 2 where transport will be waiting for you.

Update:
Transport will be arriving shortly to take you to Inverness. Please see on of our ground agents in the airport who will assist you in finding your taxi.
Once again we're sorry for the extended wait in providing transport this evening.

Update:
Thank you for your patience today, unfortunately due to extremely limited coach and hotel availability in the area we've been unable to confirm arrangements for you at this time. We're now working hard to confirm private cars to take you to Inverness this morning. We're in the process of having these confirmed now and hope to have you on your way very soon. We'll keep you updated here on flight tracker.

Updated 14 hours ago by easyJet Operations Control
Why is your flight diverted?
We’re very sorry that your flight has now been diverted.
This is due to air traffic control restrictions which delayed your flight outside of the opening hours of your arrival airport. Some airports have strict operating times which cannot be extended. As a result we had no option but to divert your flight.

The disruption to your flight is outside of our control and is considered to be an extraordinary circumstance.
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

On top of easyJet's IT issues today, I see the inbound TOM807 from Dalaman which utilises the Aberdeen based Sunwing B737 is running nearly 6 hours late . . . the outbound TOM806 is showing as 'Cancelled' (this is a W rotation ABZ-DLM-GLA//GLA-DLM-ABZ) and the aircraft looks to be positioning to Aberdeen
PiperOne

Post by PiperOne »

Bearsden wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:32 pm On top of easyJet's IT issues today, I see the inbound TOM807 from Dalaman which utilises the Aberdeen based Sunwing B737 is running nearly 6 hours late . . . the outbound TOM806 is showing as 'Cancelled' (this is a W rotation ABZ-DLM-GLA//GLA-DLM-ABZ) and the aircraft looks to be positioning to Aberdeen
GLA Outbound is being picked up at 1610 on Friday by the Dreamliner, no indication of a return inbound to either GLA or ABZ at the moment, but I would think the 787 will bring back the Aberdeen passengers to GLA around 0200 Saturday, followed by a coach trip north.
GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

PiperOne wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:20 am
Bearsden wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 10:32 pm On top of easyJet's IT issues today, I see the inbound TOM807 from Dalaman which utilises the Aberdeen based Sunwing B737 is running nearly 6 hours late . . . the outbound TOM806 is showing as 'Cancelled' (this is a W rotation ABZ-DLM-GLA//GLA-DLM-ABZ) and the aircraft looks to be positioning to Aberdeen
GLA Outbound is being picked up at 1610 on Friday by the Dreamliner, no indication of a return inbound to either GLA or ABZ at the moment, but I would think the 787 will bring back the Aberdeen passengers to GLA around 0200 Saturday, followed by a coach trip north.
Left at 1857, so 2 hours 37 minutes late according to FR24. BY1544 to Naples also left 2 hours 49 minutes late at 19:04.
PiperOne

Post by PiperOne »

GeorgeNTravels wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:57 pm
Left at 1857, so 2 hours 37 minutes late according to FR24. BY1544 to Naples also left 2 hours 49 minutes late at 19:04.
Taking a look at the Naples, which works off the Corfu. Departure to CFU was 1hr 47 late, returning flight was 1hr 54 late, so more or less a straight round trip. GLA is scheduled for a 75 minute turn round, which is very generous for a 737, yet somehow managed to lose almost a full hour on the turn round. There may well be a perfectly reasonable explanation, but is not a good start to anyone's holiday.
PiperOne

Post by PiperOne »

The Dalaman 787 returned direct to BHX, where it was next required, so presumably coaches from there to Aberdeen, unless they somehow managed to get people back earlier using spare seats on other flights.

Saturday off to a bad start for Tui, 1hr30 delay on Reus and 2hr05 delay on Ibiza. That said, all the Jet2 departures had delays as well, but a maximum of 35 minutes.
ADIG

Post by ADIG »

Heading to Rhodes on Tuesday on the early TUI flight, hopefully no issues