Airport

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

southflyer

Re: Airport

Post by southflyer »

Clive wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:53 pm Sadly I have to agree. Inside the entire passenger flow areas is looking worn out and depressed.

The only consolation is I really don’t think that will make any difference to anyone’s travel plans. Pax don’t care. To them an airport is just the facility where they access their plane and get to their destination.

What GLA needs is more flights to/from more destinations, and the passengers will follow.

I’d contend that the lack of money to invest by the airport company is not an excuse, it’s a hard fact.
From is the problem here. The management only seem to care about bucket and spade pax that turn up, head to the bar and board their flight. Couldn't care less about the rest. The current route network speaks volumes.
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

As is plain to see for commentators like us, Macquarie and Ferrovial paid well over the odds to acquire Aberdeen, Glasgow & Southampton but apart from the flurry of letters in The Herald triggered by the death of a former MD there is little in the press

There is virtually no airline synergy between the three airports and each has suffered from specific issues pre COVID which have reduced traffic volumes - ABZ contraction of oil industry, GLA competition on its doorstep, SOU closure of its primary carrier

Two years to go until AGS’s debt matures in June 2024 - AGS net bank debt stood at GBP718m at March 31 2022.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Bearsden wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:01 am As is plain to see for commentators like us, Macquarie and Ferrovial paid well over the odds to acquire Aberdeen, Glasgow & Southampton but apart from the flurry of letters in The Herald triggered by the death of a former MD there is little in the press

There is virtually no airline synergy between the three airports and each has suffered from specific issues pre COVID which have reduced traffic volumes - ABZ contraction of oil industry, GLA competition on its doorstep, SOU closure of its primary carrier

Two years to go until AGS’s debt matures in June 2024 - AGS net bank debt stood at GBP718m at March 31 2022.
So are you predicting a divestment and individual sales?
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.