British Airways

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

GKirk

Re: British Airways

Post by GKirk »

GLA-LGW reduced to 1 x daily using a LHR based a/c from S21. (Presumably due to feeding LGW-ISB).
EdI-LGW is chopped.

Thanks to SeanM1997 on twitter
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

GKirk wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:27 pm GLA-LGW reduced to 1 x daily using a LHR based a/c from S21. (Presumably due to feeding LGW-ISB).
EdI-LGW is chopped.

Thanks to SeanM1997 on twitter
Taking a Monday in mid May
LCY 8
LGW 1
LHR 10
I can't see LCY running 8 flights
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

Not 100% GLA related but can anyone shed light on why four A320s positioned back to Heathrow from Palma, stayed for a few hours, and then returned to Palma

I can only assume it is for required engineering checks - surely using GLA would be make more financial sense
McG

Post by McG »

Bearsden wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:30 am Not 100% GLA related but can anyone shed light on why four A320s positioned back to Heathrow from Palma, stayed for a few hours, and then returned to Palma

I can only assume it is for required engineering checks - surely using GLA would be make more financial sense
Not sure why they went back to LHR, but I read they all parked at T3 for a few hours then went back to Palma.
PiperOne

Post by PiperOne »

Glasgow passengers being treated to brand new A320Neo G-TTNM tonight, on only its 5th revenue service for the airline.
sunflyer

Post by sunflyer »

Schedule updated to end of winter

2 flights per day with increase in March to 3 per day on some days
McG

Post by McG »

McG wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:36 am
Bearsden wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:30 am Not 100% GLA related but can anyone shed light on why four A320s positioned back to Heathrow from Palma, stayed for a few hours, and then returned to Palma

Not sure why they went back to LHR, but I read they all parked at T3 for a few hours then went back to Palma.
From what I've read elsewhere there was a change in the lease agreement and the aircraft needed to be in UK when the agreement was signed.

You sometimes see similar on delivery flights where a flight will enter UK airspace for a short period of time before routing to final destination.
Gla1

Post by Gla1 »

Rumours circulating that IAG will announce short haul at Gatwick is to move away from BA, currently unsure if it will be Vueling or an offshoot of BA who will take over. Not sure what this will mean for the future of GLA-LGW if it all comes to pass.
Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

Glasgow appears to be back according to this article. It does indeed sound like some sort of "BA Lite" brand will emerge.

https://www.headforpoints.com/2021/08/2 ... take-over/
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Allen McL wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:25 pm Glasgow appears to be back according to this article. It does indeed sound like some sort of "BA Lite" brand will emerge.

https://www.headforpoints.com/2021/08/2 ... take-over/
With no short haul aircraft there, perhaps GLA will be an intermediate stop en route LGW-LAS. Stranger things have happened. :lol:
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.