British Airways

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

Allen McL

Re: British Airways

Post by Allen McL »

Clive wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:40 pm
Allen McL wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:25 pm Glasgow appears to be back according to this article. It does indeed sound like some sort of "BA Lite" brand will emerge.

https://www.headforpoints.com/2021/08/2 ... take-over/
With no short haul aircraft there, perhaps GLA will be an intermediate stop en route LGW-LAS. Stranger things have happened. :lol:
Nice one Clive but I think the point is they're going to restablish a short haul fleet there ? 'British Airways-Domestic perhaps or "BA-d" ? :D
southflyer

Post by southflyer »

Allen McL wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:25 pm Glasgow appears to be back according to this article. It does indeed sound like some sort of "BA Lite" brand will emerge.

I think it's just highlighting the destinations currently on sale from LGW next month.
atuk

Post by atuk »

OMG just wait around long enough and history will repeat itself. British Airtours!
McG

Post by McG »

AFAIK GLA is going to be operated with a LHR based aircraft on a W pattern.

I believe the reason for GLA being the first domestic destination back is to do with the connections onto the proposed eastbound longhauls.
awwdabaaby

Post by awwdabaaby »

McG wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:03 pm AFAIK GLA is going to be operated with a LHR based aircraft on a W pattern.

I believe the reason for GLA being the first domestic destination back is to do with the connections onto the proposed eastbound longhauls.
If you check my schedule post, it leaves for LGW at 0645, sits in LGW for 2 hours to catch the return connections from longhaul before returning and sitting from midday until the next morning, there is the odd day there is an aircraft switch though
PiperOne

Post by PiperOne »

Maybe bring back the Dan-Air brand? :lol: :lol:
egpffqtv

Post by egpffqtv »

Clive wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:40 pm

With no short haul aircraft there, perhaps GLA will be an intermediate stop en route LGW-LAS. Stranger things have happened. :lol:

Or LGW-GLA-MCO to help plug a huge VS shaped hole :ugeek:
McG

Post by McG »

awwdabaaby wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:28 pm
McG wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:03 pm AFAIK GLA is going to be operated with a LHR based aircraft on a W pattern.

If you check my schedule post, it leaves for LGW at 0645, sits in LGW for 2 hours to catch the return connections from longhaul before returning and sitting from midday until the next morning, there is the odd day there is an aircraft switch though
Thanks, so that means we are back to 2 LHR night stoppers.
awwdabaaby

Post by awwdabaaby »

2 LHR nightstoppers and the LGW nightstopper so back to 3
GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

Does anybody remember if BA flights to PMI on a Saturday operated this year or are they beginning ops for the first time next year?