Jet2

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

atuk

Re: Jet2

Post by atuk »

will1983 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:27 pm Updated S20 schedules from July, massive reduction in schedules for summer, some routes cancelled until W20 or S21.

ALC - 2 pw July/August
LEI - cancelled until S21
AYT - 3 pw July
BCN - cancelled until Oct 20
Her - 2 pw July - Sept
FAO - 3pw July
FUE - weekly
GRO - cancelled until S21
LPA - 2pw July/August
IBZ - 3-4pw July/August
KGS - cancelled
PMI - 3-4pw July/August
AGP - 2pw July
MAH - no flights until Sept 20
NAP - cancelled until S21
REU - weekly July/August
FCO - no flights until Sept 20
This will have a massive impact and knock on effect for next year. I reckon you can disregard any previously published advance programmes as all tour operators begin to review and redraft their business plans.

This impacts hotel accommodation, cruise ships, exclusively branded accommodation and the all inclusive model. Economy of scale will be the catalyst with niche destinations and anything less than that 95% all summer load factor tossed aside.

Routes, bases, fleet sizes, number of cruise ships and commercial ties with third party suppliers will all be under review: it may even be that the Max will not be required. Add to this a massive reduction in ad Hoc, summer only flying by Enter Air, Travel Service Europe, Smartlynx and Avion Express, Europe will have a completely different look next summer.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

atuk wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:48 pm
will1983 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:27 pm Updated S20 schedules from July, massive reduction in schedules for summer, some routes cancelled until W20 or S21.

ALC - 2 pw July/August
LEI - cancelled until S21
AYT - 3 pw July
BCN - cancelled until Oct 20
Her - 2 pw July - Sept
FAO - 3pw July
FUE - weekly
GRO - cancelled until S21
LPA - 2pw July/August
IBZ - 3-4pw July/August
KGS - cancelled
PMI - 3-4pw July/August
AGP - 2pw July
MAH - no flights until Sept 20
NAP - cancelled until S21
REU - weekly July/August
FCO - no flights until Sept 20
This will have a massive impact and knock on effect for next year. I reckon you can disregard any previously published advance programmes as all tour operators begin to review and redraft their business plans.

This impacts hotel accommodation, cruise ships, exclusively branded accommodation and the all inclusive model. Economy of scale will be the catalyst with niche destinations and anything less than that 95% all summer load factor tossed aside.

Routes, bases, fleet sizes, number of cruise ships and commercial ties with third party suppliers will all be under review: it may even be that the Max will not be required. Add to this a massive reduction in ad Hoc, summer only flying by Enter Air, Travel Service Europe, Smartlynx and Avion Express, Europe will have a completely different look next summer.
Jet2 plan to be all systems go next summer. I wouldn’t doubt it for a moment.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
atuk

Post by atuk »

I don’t doubt that for a moment Clive but the industry will be changed completely. The overall cake will be much smaller whoever leads the pack.

Any marginal destination ie Almeria will be binned and I don’t doubt for a moment that some of these new destinations to be featured for this summer will be canned for next.

Going forward it will all be about maximising everything to the hilt and ensuring that magic 95%+.

No recession, depression is coming!
ScotFlyer

Post by ScotFlyer »

Going by the timetable on the website this is what Jet2 currently have:

The big loses are:
Almeria was due to start for S20
Barcelona doesn't start back the end of October
Girona cancelled till S21
Kos cancelled wasn't due back for S21
Menorca starts in September
Naples cancelled till S21
Rome doesn't start back the end of August
Gla1

Post by Gla1 »

Do we actually think the September and October schedules will stay as is aswell? I would have thought they would continue their reductions throughout the s20 schedule.
big ears

Post by big ears »

Anything on TFS?
GKirk

Post by GKirk »

big ears wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:57 pm Anything on TFS?
Restarts July 16th, 6 x weekly
bill

Post by bill »

How's about AGP? When is that scheduled to restart?

EDIT: Just read the post above,17th July apparently.That's the date I was due to go an'all. :(
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

bill wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:27 pm How's about AGP? When is that scheduled to restart?

EDIT: Just read the post above,17th July apparently.That's the date I was due to go an'all. :(
Indeed Bill. I’m planning to go for 3 days first week in August if anyone else fancies an ‘EGPF on tour post lockdown sun sea and cerveza’. Ryanair have like £75 return.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
bill

Post by bill »

Clive wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:25 pm
bill wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:27 pm How's about AGP? When is that scheduled to restart?

Indeed Bill. I’m planning to go for 3 days first week in August if anyone else fancies an ‘EGPF on tour post lockdown sun sea and cerveza’. Ryanair have like £75 return.
Would love to mate but after being furloughed for 12 weeks there's more chance of hell freezing over than me getting time off work in August! :(