Interesting thoughts on post Brexit air industry.

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

dav3

Re: Interesting thoughts on post Brexit air industry.

Post by dav3 »

nice one clive
bill

Post by bill »

Clive wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:49 am

I think Dav3 has a good point. This is exactly the kind of Trumpian dangerous Covid-denying stuff that has been been banned by Twitter and Facebook.

In as much as political opinion isn’t allowed in this forum I think this crap from 1-11/ESP has been allowed for too long.
We’ll just delete any such posts in future and if there’s any fallout we’ll deal with the perpetrators.
Yaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssss.Time to dust the old ban hammer down. :lol:
Ready and waiting folks.
big ears

Post by big ears »

Hopeful after yesterdays announcements, we might get some holibags this year aftyer all - need to checkout Jet2
Paris

Post by Paris »

big ears wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:48 am Hopeful after yesterdays announcements, we might get some holibags this year aftyer all - need to checkout Jet2
Easy cancelled my GLA - ALC - GLA May flights this morning. I have rebooked for May 22. EK cancelled my May 8th departure to DXB, but offered May 9th ... I declined and rebooked August 27th.
hads

Post by hads »

Paris wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:35 pm
big ears wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:48 am Hopeful after yesterdays announcements, we might get some holibags this year aftyer all - need to checkout Jet2
Easy cancelled my GLA - ALC - GLA May flights this morning. I have rebooked for May 22. EK cancelled my May 8th departure to DXB, but offered May 9th ... I declined and rebooked August 27th.
was in Dubai Aug 19.
Pullman hotel.
Rooftop pool and bar.
1 mile from airport
52 degrees on Thermometer.
have a great time.....
Paris

Post by Paris »

hads wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:57 pm
Paris wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:35 pm
was in Dubai Aug 19.
Pullman hotel.
Rooftop pool and bar.
1 mile from airport
52 degrees on Thermometer.
have a great time.....
Thanks..... Was last there April 17. Stayed Marina View. Staying this time in Wyndham Dubai Marina (a now postponed twice trip for my daughters 21st) believe 3rd time lucky will work out....toes crossed
hads

Post by hads »

The Marina is stunning Paris. If you havent been, its just delightful.
My best advice would be ( if the good lady is with you) to go to Friday Brunch ( ladies Day) at the Westin on Jumeraih Beach
£100 huckleberries. 12.00 noon till 4 pm.
All you can eat. All you can drink. Fantastic music. Boogie the day away. Great entertainment.
And 5 minute walk away there is a beach bar to continue in once the brunch is finished.
Paris

Post by Paris »

hads wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:16 am The Marina is stunning Paris. If you havent been, its just delightful.
My best advice would be ( if the good lady is with you) to go to Friday Brunch ( ladies Day) at the Westin on Jumeraih Beach
£100 huckleberries. 12.00 noon till 4 pm.
All you can eat. All you can drink. Fantastic music. Boogie the day away. Great entertainment.
And 5 minute walk away there is a beach bar to continue in once the brunch is finished.
All noted cheers... Friday brunch (I’m informed is a not to be missed event) missed it last time as travelled home same day, but made sure I have a Friday included this time.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Point of order for those who harbour the opinion that the Scottish Government are penalising the travel industry whereas the English administration is ‘on its side’.

Source: BBC News
20/03/2021

Covid: Summer holidays abroad 'unlikely', warns government adviser

Summer holidays overseas are "extremely unlikely" because of the risk of travellers bringing coronavirus variants back to the UK, a scientist on a government advisory body has said.

The UK faces a "real risk" if people travel abroad, Dr Mike Tildesley said.

Foreign holidays are currently not allowed and returning travellers have to quarantine.

Transport Secretary Grant Shapps said it was "too early to tell" when holidays abroad would be allowed.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
jetblue497

Post by jetblue497 »

Clive wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:24 pm Point of order for those who harbour the opinion that the Scottish Government are penalising the travel industry whereas the English administration is ‘on its side’.

Summer holidays overseas are "extremely unlikely" because of the risk of travellers bringing coronavirus variants back to the UK, a scientist on a government advisory body has said.
To a fully vaccinated UK - at least a "herd immunity" level??? This is a good way to discourage getting the vaccine as it gets you almost nothing. As to variants - you probably saw that infections in South Africa (you know the variant they keep telling us is scary) have fallen off a cliff. But that story disappeared quickly.