Ryanair: Could my prayers be answered?

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

will1983

Re: Ryanair: Could my prayers be answered?

Post by will1983 »

ABZ S24 flights to ALC and AGP are all on sale - not sure what's holding up releasing GLA S24 flights.
PiperOne

Post by PiperOne »

will1983 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:50 pm ABZ S24 flights to ALC and AGP are all on sale - not sure what's holding up releasing GLA S24 flights.
Thanks for that, now I'm puzzled.
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

PiperOne wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:42 pm
will1983 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:50 pm ABZ S24 flights to ALC and AGP are all on sale - not sure what's holding up releasing GLA S24 flights.
Thanks for that, now I'm puzzled.
Either very good news ie a small base or very bad news ie concentrate non-DUB on EDI & PIK with ABZ - not even Warsaw or Krakow are on sale from GLA
GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

I have flung together a very quick breakdown of the 7 markets served by Ryanair from Glasgow and how the total market is shared across the 4 Scottish airports FR serves. I think it might help provide some context as to why I personally think at the very least the usual routes are still to be loaded.

Some interesting changes between S22 and S23.

Post Link: https://georgentravels.com/ryanair-mark ... -analysis/
Password: FRANALYSIS
GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

GeorgeNTravels wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:40 pm I have flung together a very quick breakdown of the 7 markets served by Ryanair from Glasgow and how the total market is shared across the 4 Scottish airports FR serves. I think it might help provide some context as to why I personally think at the very least the usual routes are still to be loaded.

Changed the link above as I edited it from a post to a page on my website so it would not show on the front-loading page, if that link hasn't worked since changing let me know.

This is only a small part of a much wider piece of content that should be coming out hopefully next week.
Iain

Post by Iain »

GeorgeNTravels wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:40 pm I have flung together a very quick breakdown of the 7 markets served by Ryanair from Glasgow and how the total market is shared across the 4 Scottish airports FR serves. I think it might help provide some context as to why I personally think at the very least the usual routes are still to be loaded.
Thanks for that George - it's very interesting to see GLA can succeed in winning back market share if it gets the flights and airlines in place to do so.
bill

Post by bill »

Good post and info therein George.Thanks for that.
Sharpal7

Post by Sharpal7 »

bill wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:38 pm

Interesting analysis. Thanks
GKirk

Post by GKirk »

It's not looking good... :(
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

GKirk wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:30 am It's not looking good... :(
Why would you say that?