Interesting Movements 2020

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

Clive
Site Admin

Re: Interesting Movements 2020

Post by Clive »

The train companies, airlines and airports will have to be done for facilitating criminal acts to the endangerment of society if they don’t get real.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
bill

Post by bill »

Indeed but surely the government should have a say in this farce?It may be Holyrood or Westminster but one or the other has to get a serious grip on this and soon.I'm with Paris on this topic. A lockdown is a lockdown,nobody in or out of Scotland unless it's either medical or food supply chain related.
If we're serious about beating the virus then we must act like we are and this comes from the very top.
As I type a FR flight from KRK has just landed at EDI. Wtf? :evil:
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

bill wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:44 pm Indeed but surely the government should have a say in this farce?It may be Holyrood or Westminster but one or the other has to get a serious grip on this and soon.I'm with Paris on this topic. A lockdown is a lockdown,nobody in or out of Scotland unless it's either medical or food supply chain related.
If we're serious about beating the virus then we must act like we are and this comes from the very top.
My neighbour is going to TFS with his family , his reasoning is "f@@@ it " airlines as well should show more responsibility
awwdabaaby

Post by awwdabaaby »

Ekally1 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:05 pm
bill wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:44 pm Indeed but surely the government should have a say in this farce?It may be Holyrood or Westminster but one or the other has to get a serious grip on this and soon.I'm with Paris on this topic. A lockdown is a lockdown,nobody in or out of Scotland unless it's either medical or food supply chain related.
My neighbour is going to TFS with his family , his reasoning is "f@@@ it " airlines as well should show more responsibility
Very true
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Not with Jet2 this side of mid February he aint. Must be Ryanair. Hopefully he’ll get arrested if he tries to come back to Scotland during lockdown.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

Nope not either , BA via LHR
Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

Seeing on the news today that Trump may try and make a bolt for Turnberry to avoid Biden's inauguration. I presume that would involve an appearance of his 757 at Prestwick, although I heard recently that's currently grounded requiring a new engine ? Does anyone know if he has any other private aircraft at his disposal (helicopter aside) ?
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

Clive wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:32 pm
Not with Jet2 this side of mid February he aint. Must be Ryanair. Hopefully he’ll get arrested if he tries to come back to Scotland during lockdown.
Our FM could maybe start curtailing holiday options by telling Transport Scotland to stop Ryanair's passenger operations at Prestwick (there is a flight to Tenerife on Friday)!!

Forget all the 'operates at arm's length' nonsense . . . . it is the Scottish Ministers who provide all the loan cash and in doing so subsidise Ryanair's passenger operations
PiperOne

Post by PiperOne »

Clive wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:32 pm
Easyjet also flying GLA-TFS today, as well as GLA-AGP.
southflyer

Post by southflyer »

Disgusting.