Jet2

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

Gla1

Re: Jet2

Post by Gla1 »

Confirmed I will be getting a refund for my flight to Ibiza for the 6th of September, seems there’s more reductions in the schedule to come.
I do think they’re being very fly with hiking all their flight prices for next year and only offering a refund or voucher with you having to make up the difference for next year. Unlike easyJet and Ryanair who let you move your flight for free.
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

Pay credit card always , do charge back . Get money back after 30 days
baystate

Post by baystate »

Clive wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:24 pm
big ears wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:27 am We are booked and paid for TFS in January, so I hope they dont hit us for more cash between now and then.....
No. As if they’d do that. :roll:
Jet2 sufficiently care about their brand reputation, and the backlash unexpected charges would cause in the British media would be ferocious, such that I wouldn't personally envision them going that route.

Unless your contract with them or their T&C explicitly say they can amend the price then the price is fixed. If the T&C has language like 'subject to exchange rate fluctuation' or 'additional fees in the event of additional government taxes/charges' or 'additional local taxes or fees may apply' then there is always a risk you could be charged more. The 'additional' local fees' item is a common one on booking.com and hotels.com, and although I've never personally been hit by it other than paying certain local taxes I expected, it can happen.

So whilst I wouldn't expect Jet2 to overtly do it, some of the upstream (hotel) partners might for example start to implement COVID cleaning fees to offset their incremental costs, under the premise that increased cleaning requirements are being mandated by local/national governments and therefore unforeseen at the time of booking. You might also get some unusual things happening with phoenix companies taking over their own hotels and rendering existing contracts void or only valid with additional payment which could be assessed at check-in or check-out.

In a nutshell, check some of the fine print in the T&C, and have a copy ready when you travel. And always pay by credit card (not debit card) to give yourself some additional protection later on. Section 75 claims are your lifeline.
ianegpf

Post by ianegpf »

Cheers for the info...in our case it is for flights only and definitely agree with the practice of paying with a credit card ;)

IB
G-WATP

Post by G-WATP »

Clive wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:04 pm
atuk wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:48 pm This will have a massive impact and knock on effect for next year. I reckon you can disregard any previously published advance programmes as all tour operators begin to review and redraft their business plans.

This impacts hotel accommodation, cruise ships, exclusively branded accommodation and the all inclusive model. Economy of scale will be the catalyst with niche destinations and anything less than that 95% all summer load factor tossed aside.

Routes, bases, fleet sizes, number of cruise ships and commercial ties with third party suppliers will all be under review: it may even be that the Max will not be required. Add to this a massive reduction in ad Hoc, summer only flying by Enter Air, Travel Service Europe, Smartlynx and Avion Express, Europe will have a completely different look next summer.
Jet2 plan to be all systems go next summer. I wouldn’t doubt it for a moment.
https://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articles ... of-caution

Speaking about the reduction in capacity and the resulting impact on staff numbers, Heapy said: “We have downsized. We’ll be operating fewer aircraft in summer 2021 than we’d anticipated for summer 2020. We’ll have close to 20 fewer aircraft, so there is a requirement unfortunately, for less people to operate that programme. But if things settle down, I would hope that one day in the future, we’ll be back in growth mode.”
Irnbrukid

Post by Irnbrukid »

Due to fly out with Jet2 Holidays to Cyprus on 2nd September for 10days. With 2 days before the full balance was to be paid took the decision to postpone the holiday to May ‘21. A long wait to get through but when I did their rep working from home couldn’t have been more helpful. The holiday reorganised with no hassles...the included hire care now cheaper. It didn’t bother me that it was £50 x 2 to make the changes.
I was concerned that the Jet2 schedule would not be back to normal by the start of September.
PiperOne

Post by PiperOne »

Spain up and running today, with Palma, Ibiza, and Malaga away on the first wave, with a full suite of Canaries on the afternoon plan, so 7 departures for today, if it all operates.
GKirk

Post by GKirk »

PiperOne wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:47 am Spain up and running today, with Palma, Ibiza, and Malaga away on the first wave, with a full suite of Canaries on the afternoon plan, so 7 departures for today, if it all operates.
See how long it lasts, 2200 new Covid cases in Spain yesterday :shock:
Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

GKirk wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:29 am
PiperOne wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:47 am Spain up and running today, with Palma, Ibiza, and Malaga away on the first wave, with a full suite of Canaries on the afternoon plan, so 7 departures for today, if it all operates.
See how long it lasts, 2200 new Covid cases in Spain yesterday :shock:
Oofty, not long if those stats keep increasing !
big ears

Post by big ears »

Catalonia night clubs closed....... This disease aint going away anytime soon..