Corona virus and its effects on GLA

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

McG

Re: Corona virus and its effects on GLA

Post by McG »

Depends on when the US government reinstate the Visa Waiver Programme, allowing you to travel on an ESTA.
jetblue497

Post by jetblue497 »

Ekally1 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:14 pm When do u think USA travel will open up again ?? Even with 2 jabs
Federal review due on the 20 something of this month on the US side which will hopefully open the US up to those vaccinated, but the issue of low vaccination rates in certain states could bleep it all up.
UK is more problematic due to each country setting its own rules.
Could be a couple more months as long as the deaths to infection rate continues to drop but that needs more data and thus time.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Today the Scottish Government updated their guidelines on international travel.

Here’s the official overview

Changes to international travel on 19 July
From Monday 19 July some people will no longer need to self-isolate or take a day 8 test if they are coming to Scotland from an amber list country.

This will apply to UK residents who have received a full course of the vaccine through the NHS, and 14 days have passed. It will also include certain people participating in clinical trials, as well as some overseas military and diplomatic staff.

For residents in Scotland, a printed record of vaccination must be obtained before travel and shown throughout your return journey in order to use this exemption. This can be obtained through NHS inform.

Further guidance will be published on the Scottish Government website later this week.

Going abroad
If you’re planning to travel abroad, you must:

check whether a country you’re travelling to is on the red, amber or green list
confirm what you need to do when you arrive back in Scotland
The green, amber and red lists can change at short notice. Before you arrive in Scotland, you should check these lists and make sure you’re following the correct rules.

If you’re planning travel, you should not assume that a country on the green, amber or red list now will remain on the same list over the weeks and months ahead. If you travel, you must follow the rules that are in place for a country or area at your time of travel.”

Good news that the success of the vaccine programme is enabling Scotland as to open up despite near record high case numbers but GLA bosses could only see fit to politicise it yet further and cause more confusion with their incessant SNPBaaad.

Here’s AGS’s offending blurb
https://www.facebook.com/GLAAirport/pho ... 05/?type=3
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
atuk

Post by atuk »

Clive yet again another political swipe. How exactly would YOU run Glasgow Airport given all the government restrictions, mixed messages, lack of advance notice and actual evidence.

It’s interesting to note feedback from business professionals who state the midnight curfew is plucked from thin air! Does Covid really know the difference between 2359 and 0001?

I don’t mind wearing masks until Christmas but I’m heartily sick of Police State Scotland and the fact that the four nations of our United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland can’t agree the same rules on the same dates! It’s long past the time to work together and get us back on the road to wealth recovery otherwise there will be no airports left or precious little of the rest of the wealth generating private sector which is so vital to ensuring a public sector can survive. If not it’s Viva Venezuela - or judging by the latest news Cuba!
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

atuk wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:13 am Clive yet again another political swipe. How exactly would YOU run Glasgow Airport given all the government restrictions, mixed messages, lack of advance notice and actual evidence.

It’s interesting to note feedback from business professionals who state the midnight curfew is plucked from thin air! Does Covid really know the difference between 2359 and 0001?

I don’t mind wearing masks until Christmas but I’m heartily sick of Police State Scotland and the fact that the four nations of our United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland can’t agree the same rules on the same dates! It’s long past the time to work together and get us back on the road to wealth recovery otherwise there will be no airports left or precious little of the rest of the wealth generating private sector which is so vital to ensuring a public sector can survive. If not it’s Viva Venezuela - or judging by the latest news Cuba!
The Scottish airports got exactly what they asked for which was for the international travel restrictions to be the same in Scotland as those for travellers to/from England.

So for Provan and Dewar and indeed Joanne Dooley and all they other Tory talking heads in the travel industry to still be carping and taking swipes at the Scottish Government at this good news illustrates their political bitchery. They have been a disgrace throughout. I hope it doesn’t come back to haunt them.

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
atuk

Post by atuk »

Clive it’s you I feel sorry for. Your comments lack both nuance and understanding. They show a complete head in the sand approach of a one party state.

Leaving the political swipes aside you haven’t actually responded to the statement what would you do if you were in charge of AGS or GIP.
jetblue497

Post by jetblue497 »

Regardless of which of the countries you pick, ALL of them are disparaging the vaccine efforts elsewhere by making statements like this "This will apply to UK residents who have received a full course of the vaccine through the NHS, and 14 days have passed. It will also include certain people participating in clinical trials, as well as some overseas military and diplomatic staff." So the millions of others worldwide who are fully vaccinated are discriminated against. I will concede that a vaccine not approved in the UK may not be approved for entry - but the Pfizers, AZ etcs that are? Disgraceful. The EU is allowing approved vaccinations entry - wake up UK countries.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

atuk wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:45 am Clive it’s you I feel sorry for. Your comments lack both nuance and understanding. They show a complete head in the sand approach of a one party state.

Leaving the political swipes aside you haven’t actually responded to the statement what would you do if you were in charge of AGS or GIP.
I’d concentrate on running my airport and leave public health pandemic control to the global experts.

I wouldn’t be qualified to dispute any of the public health measures. I’d know it’s a difficult balancing act between easing up and keeping a lid on it and I’d try to be constructive rather than disruptive.

With the benefit of hindsight, now knowing how the pandemic spread time and again and affected not only us but every single one of our destination countries, you’d think these vested interests would be showing some humility by now.

Far from it. They’d have killed us all if they had their way.

Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

atuk wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:45 am Clive it’s you I feel sorry for. Your comments lack both nuance and understanding.
Maybe I should be bowing to your superiority but I don’t bow to anyone.

atuk

Post by atuk »

Clive wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:24 pm [quote=atuk post_id=3913 time=<a href="tel:1626255916">1626255916</a> user_id=75]
Clive it’s you I feel sorry for. Your comments lack both nuance and understanding.
Maybe I should be bowing to your superiority but I don’t bow to anyone.
[/quote]

Neither do I. Only to a much higher authority than planet earth.