Corona virus and its effects on GLA

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

ADIG

Re: Corona virus and its effects on GLA

Post by ADIG »

Ireland announced that travellers from Britain who are double vaccinated no longer require PCR tests or quarantine from Monday. I booked a Ryanair return flight for next weekend to see my folks in Dublin for the first time since February 2020 :)

Probably see more Ireland flights added as travel expands
Aerecosse

Post by Aerecosse »

ADIG wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:38 am Ireland announced that travellers from Britain who are double vaccinated no longer require PCR tests or quarantine from Monday. I booked a Ryanair return flight for next weekend to see my folks in Dublin for the first time since February 2020 :)

Get to see my mum & family.for.the 1st time in 18months too.... although they're getting ferry.....wife had to self isolate for 10 days after someone on her flight home tested positive, so whole flight had to isolate & out of 6 flights her work colleagues were on 5 had the same thing happen!
Flown: BA, BD, BE, BY, DA, AMM, MT, XL, JN, EI, FR, LH, JK, BV, NW, HP, US, CO, AC, DL, QF, AN, NZ, TN, RAR, MH, CX, FM, SA, EK, EY
PiperOne

Post by PiperOne »

Things are definitely improving, with 35 arrivals today, spread across a good selection of our carriers, with Loganair and Easyjet in the lead, since they are predominantly domestic. Emirates now pushed back to August, but even that may be optimistic since Dubai is red listed.
McG

Post by McG »

KLM due to have a 737-800 on the afternoon flight on Friday 23rd and a 737-700 on the morning flight on Saturday.

Makes a change from the Embraers.

Lufthansa used an E-190 today. Since their return it's been a mix of CRJ, E-190 and Airbus which is a good sign as I expected it to be CRJ for a period of time while the route re-established itself.
Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

ADIG wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:38 am Ireland announced that travellers from Britain who are double vaccinated no longer require PCR tests or quarantine from Monday. I booked a Ryanair return flight for next weekend to see my folks in Dublin for the first time since February 2020 :)

How does one currently prove personal vaccination status though ? Has there been an agreement on "passport" format yet ?
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Allen McL wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:03 am

How does one currently prove personal vaccination status though ? Has there been an agreement on "passport" format yet ?
You can get a print out of your status from the Scottish NHS website or request a letter for those without printing capabilities.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
cammyboy

Post by cammyboy »

Clive wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:50 am

You can get a print out of your status from the Scottish NHS website or request a letter for those without printing capabilities.
Just in case anyone is thinking of travelling soon, the only officially recognised way of showing vaccination status at the moment is a paper copy which you request online but is mailed to you on NHS headed paper. It will come in the same blue envelope as your vaccine appointment. See https://www.nhsinform.scot/covid-19-vac ... ion-status for more information.

Also plan ahead as it's currently taking around 4-7 days to get your letter as more people start to travel and use the service.

Don't try to use a print out of the website as this isn't officially recognised and you may be refused carriage/entry, but an online version should be coming soon.
ADIG

Post by ADIG »

My mistake, my flight is actually Friday 30th to Monday 2nd. I was looking on the net to see if the paper certificate gives any issues. It only took 2 days to get my paper certificate sent to me.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

cammyboy wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:15 am
Clive wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:50 am

Just in case anyone is thinking of travelling soon, the only officially recognised way of showing vaccination status at the moment is a paper copy which you request online but is mailed to you on NHS headed paper. It will come in the same blue envelope as your vaccine appointment. See https://www.nhsinform.scot/covid-19-vac ... ion-status for more information.

Also plan ahead as it's currently taking around 4-7 days to get your letter as more people start to travel and use the service.

Don't try to use a print out of the website as this isn't officially recognised and you may be refused carriage/entry, but an online version should be coming soon.
Good advice.

I have just applied to get mine sent to me. ✅
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

Usa and EU residents who have been double jabbed are now aloud to travel to scotland with no restrictions... lets hope they give us the same curtesy