Easyjet Aircraft 6

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

awwdabaaby

Re: Easyjet Aircraft 6

Post by awwdabaaby »

Gla1 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:37 am Summer 21 now on sale for anyone interested!

As already shown in the schedules section Pula back, paris doesn’t quite seem to continue double daily on certain days throughout the summer and Venice seems to be missing still.
Paris double daily on Monday and Friday stops end of June as the aircraft operates the seasonal Bordeaux or Marseille, cant remember which off hand and venice is always late being added as their is always issues with Slots for all airports
Gla1

Post by Gla1 »

Ahh I see!

Otherwise the schedule thankfully seems pretty intact from what I can see.
GKirk

Post by GKirk »

Gla1 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:29 pm Ahh I see!

You can guarantee they'll be changes to come. SEN and NCL still showing full based schedules. Bare in mind that 1/3 of easyJet UK pilots may be out of work then too :( .
PiperOne

Post by PiperOne »

GKirk wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:45 pm

You can guarantee they'll be changes to come. SEN and NCL still showing full based schedules. Bare in mind that 1/3 of easyJet UK pilots may be out of work then too :( .
GLA and LPL now the only two bases to resume flying, apart from the one's which are closing. Hopefully we'll be back up and running soon.
sunflyer

Post by sunflyer »

Is it not 5 aircraft operating from Glasgow in September this year?

9th Sept has
BHX
STN
LTN
LGW
BFS

All departing before 0715
PiperOne

Post by PiperOne »

sunflyer wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:19 am Is it not 5 aircraft operating from Glasgow in September this year?

9th Sept has
BHX
STN
LTN
LGW
BFS

All departing before 0715
That would have been the original schedule, pre-virus, but Easy are reviewing operations network-wide, and most bases will be impacted by either closures or reductions. I would expect schedule changes at fairly short notice, but long enough not to trigger EU261 compensations. There is an overall fleet reduction planned, I think 31 units (beyond previous fleet plans), which is rather more than just the base closures. We may not see a September schedule until mid-August.
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

PiperOne wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:10 pm That would have been the original schedule, pre-virus, but Easy are reviewing operations network-wide, and most bases will be impacted by either closures or reductions. I would expect schedule changes at fairly short notice, but long enough not to trigger EU261 compensations. There is an overall fleet reduction planned, I think 31 units (beyond previous fleet plans), which is rather more than just the base closures. We may not see a September schedule until mid-August.
Agreed

Take Glasgow-Bristol 07 Sep - 13 Sep
29 return flights (Mon-Sun 5/4/4/5/5/2/4)
Only 3 sectors have fares above base £20.99 and these three fares are only a few pounds higher

August only has 12 return sectors a week and already there are a lot of blocked out flights in w/b 31 Aug to maintain that frequency - give it a week or so to see what happens to w/b 07 Sep but what is absolutely certain is that the frequency isn't going to jump by 140% on 07 Sep
atuk

Post by atuk »

PiperOne wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:56 pm
GKirk wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:45 pm

GLA and LPL now the only two bases to resume flying, apart from the one's which are closing. Hopefully we'll be back up and running soon.
At work this morning EZY at MAN are flying operating from T1.

The three of us down here had the joys of an MU repatriation flight to Lanzhou. A first for me, tomorrow is Pegasus day.
PiperOne

Post by PiperOne »

Slight improvement today, seven departures, with the addition of a 2nd Gatwick. Ans a pattern change, with Birmingham operated by a Luton-based NEO instead of either BFs or EDI aircraft.
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

PiperOne wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:18 am Slight improvement today, seven departures, with the addition of a 2nd Gatwick. Ans a pattern change, with Birmingham operated by a Luton-based NEO instead of either BFs or EDI aircraft.
My main concern from a GLA base perspective is continued low demand meaning W patterns suffice for domestic operations and therefore putting the start of any European routes requiring a based aircraft at risk

And clearly if any of these destinations are being operated today by easyJet or another airline from another airport then any demand might already be getting met with potentially longer term implications