Ryanair: Could my prayers be answered?

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

GeorgeNTravels

Re: Ryanair: Could my prayers be answered?

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

bill wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:10 pm
hads wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:10 am Well.
Glasgsgow Malaga 31 st October.
I was one of 24 sould on board. I took pics but its too depressing to view.
The airport was a ghosttown
One girl on check out at Duty free.
One person in front of me.
Yes its winter now but crikey, it felt like being in PIK
Heading off to the airport in an hour or so to catch the 2050 EZY to BRS.There's another departure to LGW at the same time and then nowt until the morning. :(
I arrived last night at 2030 from Heathrow and the place was absolutely desolate. On the plus side it was busy at 6am with my BA LGW flight over 95% full.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

All airports have daily peaks and troughs in demand. What is important is the volume of pax using GLA is going up and not down.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

DPNC96 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:03 pm
Clive wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:39 pm All airports have daily peaks and troughs in demand. What is important is the volume of pax using GLA is going up and not down.
The volumes are about 50% less than EDI and we’re slipping down the UK ranks compared to some English regional airports who used to have less passenger volume than GLA. Shambolic.
Yes we know. We need a Ryanair base. And that brings us right back on topic….
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
buddyboy

Post by buddyboy »

Still not a single flight other than Dublin released. ALC available till the end of April then nothing. No flights to CRL after 13/11, KRK showing till end of April, AGP to end of March, no WMI after 13/11 and one random WRO flight on the 26/03....

Not looking great. Surely for forward bookings if there is a base coming it needs to be released soon?
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

Davieboy wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:01 am
buddyboy wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:53 am Still not a single flight other than Dublin released. ALC available till the end of April then nothing. No flights to CRL after 13/11, KRK showing till end of April, AGP to end of March, no WMI after 13/11 and one random WRO flight on the 26/03....

Not looking great. Surely for forward bookings if there is a base coming it needs to be released soon?
You'd think so, but it was around mid-December last year when PIK's flights for S23 were released.
With the exception of Dublin I can't see any Ryanair beyond March - as WRO is seasonal the flight in Mar 2024 would be the start of the summer schedule
awwdabaaby

Post by awwdabaaby »

Do we really need another recap of the routes not on sale yet? We've had umpteen, we know

3 words - Boeing Max Delays

Sorry Mods
southflyer

Post by southflyer »

Ryanair announced a batch of new routes from various airports yesterday, still nothing for GLA...
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

Fr I dont believe are finished on announcing new routes etc .. I would be patient and have fingers crossed
Hialflyer

Post by Hialflyer »

Sean on X saying RYR have slots requested at Warsaw Copin for a GLA service in summer 24. Twice per week, Neither airport a base yet!!

https://x.com/SeanM1997/status/1731763675814416611?s=20
buddyboy

Post by buddyboy »

DPNC96 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:41 pm So FR announce another tranche of new routes (48 to be precise) and GLA not amongst them. Getting less hopeful by the day.
There's not a single Scottish route amongst them oddly