Ryanair: Could my prayers be answered?

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

Clive
Site Admin

Re: Ryanair: Could my prayers be answered?

Post by Clive »

DPNC96 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:41 pm So FR announce another tranche of new routes (48 to be precise) and GLA not amongst them. Getting less hopeful by the day.
I get more hopefully by the day.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

Clive wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:11 pm
DPNC96 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:41 pm So FR announce another tranche of new routes (48 to be precise) and GLA not amongst them. Getting less hopeful by the day.
I get more hopefully by the day.
I'm afraid I don't Clive - delayed MAX deliveries, two signed airport deals nearby, and I suspect a soft market other than the peak school holidays

The problem with this press release is it basically says to the booking public that's it for Summer 2024

RYANAIR LAUNCHES SUMMER 2024 SCHEDULE WITH OVER 37 MILLION SEATS FOR THE UK
BOOK EARLY FOR LOWEST FARES FROM JUST £31.99

Ryanair, Europe’s No.1 airline, has today (29 Nov) launched its highly anticipated summer 2024 schedule with over 37 million seats for UK holidaymakers looking to get away this summer to soak up some sun with family and friends and recharge with some well-deserved rest and relaxation.

Operating from the end of March, Ryanair’s summer 2024 schedule offers an unbeatable choice of popular sunny hotspots and city breaks as well as less well-known destinations to unearth and explore at the lowest fares in Europe.

To celebrate the launch of its summer 2024 schedule and over 37 million seats for its UK customers, Ryanair has launched a limited-time seat sale with fares available from just £31.99 for travel until the end of Oct 2024.
GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

There's 2 reasons using public information that suggests something is still to be loaded.

1) there's a single Wroclaw flight loaded at the end of March, why load just 1 flight and have nothing else?

2) the press release came out across Europe and since then approximately 70 routes have been announced.

Yeah there are MAX delays, but Ryanair are taking 25% of based aircraft out of Germany, they need a home and will fill some gaps.

I have information from multiple sources that say good things, but, if I'm wrong I'll happily come back to this forum and eat humble pie.
bill

Post by bill »

GeorgeNTravels wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:29 pm There's 2 reasons using public information that suggests something is still to be loaded.

1) there's a single Wroclaw flight loaded at the end of March, why load just 1 flight and have nothing else?

2) the press release came out across Europe and since then approximately 70 routes have been announced.
Yeah there are MAX delays, but Ryanair are taking 25% of based aircraft out of Germany, they need a home and will fill some gaps.
I have information from multiple sources that say good things, but, if I'm wrong I'll happily come back to this forum and eat humble pie.
Do you know roughly how many this equates to George?
GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

bill wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:41 pm
GeorgeNTravels wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:29 pm There's 2 reasons using public information that suggests something is still to be loaded.

Do you know roughly how many this equates to George?
Last summer they had 26 based aircraft in Germany spread across 7 bases, so if that statement from Eddie Wilson is true, which I am sceptical of given Ryanair has a tendency of fudging figures to make them look good, in press releases they say things like EDI-TIA 4x p/wk, when in fact it's 2x week and they have counted the outbound and inbound flights separately.

I suspect several German airports are in crisis mode offering whatever is necessary to keep Ryanair services given the Euros are being hosted across the country next month, I would hazard a guess Mr Wilson's comments are more of a negotiation tactic.
Craig

Post by Craig »

Don't know if there is any truth in this or not but.....

I flew Ryanair UK last week from Tirana into another airport in the central belt. Lots of people from west of Harthill on the flight as far as I could tell from accents. Three guys sitting at the front were chatting with of the flight attendants (while we were waiting for six missing passengers) and they asked about flights from Glasgow. The flight attendant responded saying that Ryanair were in dispute with the airport owner about hold baggage handling charges. She said that GLA is trying to charge per bag while other airports apply a fixed charge per aircraft.

As I say I have no idea if this is true or not but it could offer an explanation. If it is true it is particularly disappointing given that the owners should be throwing the kitchen sink at getting operators like Ryanair back.

Craig.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Craig wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:53 am Don't know if there is any truth in this or not but.....

I flew Ryanair UK last week from Tirana into another airport in the central belt. Lots of people from west of Harthill on the flight as far as I could tell from accents. Three guys sitting at the front were chatting with of the flight attendants (while we were waiting for six missing passengers) and they asked about flights from Glasgow. The flight attendant responded saying that Ryanair were in dispute with the airport owner about hold baggage handling charges. She said that GLA is trying to charge per bag while other airports apply a fixed charge per aircraft.

As I say I have no idea if this is true or not but it could offer an explanation. If it is true it is particularly disappointing given that the owners should be throwing the kitchen sink at getting operators like Ryanair back.

Craig.
Thanks Craig. Would that not be the handling agent? I don’t think the airport charge for bags - never seen that in the Conditions of Use documentation which details the airport and NATS charges.

Sounds like another piece of the jigsaw in terms of a base is coming. Whoever that dispute is with just needs to be sorted.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

Craig wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:53 am Don't know if there is any truth in this or not but.....

Craig.
Hi Craig..

That would be very strange if true .. gla would be the only airport I know of who would do that . Its subcontracted out to handling company which if was a policy at gla it would be elsewhere .. plus why put DUB on sale , you would think it would be all flights that would be affected
awwdabaaby

Post by awwdabaaby »

Also given its an other Scottish base crew, they will bound make something like that up
southflyer

Post by southflyer »

I don't think it's a secret by now that Ryanair closed the base over a lack of agreement of fees. I don't think it's a coincedence that Ryanair's presence in ABZ is so poor, despite virtually no low-cost competition. That's why I hope that the Andy Cliffe can turn things around and give the airlines what they want, which in turn benefits everyone.