Loganair

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

Ekally1

Re: Loganair

Post by Ekally1 »

Saabdriver wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:56 pm I'm surprised Ekally can say they're not being negative and then come out with a sweeping statement like that. Exactly what aircraft type(s) should Loganair have, then? I'd be fascinated to know how and why the airline has got it so wrong and what it should be doing instead.

Clive, the answer to your question is yes. The recent steps to cut NCL/ABZ and take out a couple of destinations for next year are aiming to protect the returns and not allow a number of non-performing routes to eat away at the returns made elsewhere.

GLA/BHD is an interesting one. I suppose it really all depends on whether BACF turn their BHD-UK regions presence into a long-term venture, whether Emerald step in once they're up and running or if neither happen, that leaves a gap.
Well its not negative , its plane to see
Saabdriver

Post by Saabdriver »

If it's that "plane", why the reticence in saying what you think should be happening then?
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

Saabdriver wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:20 pm If it's that "plane", why the reticence in saying what you think should be happening then?
Saab , i have a opinion , so do you , LM have dropped a lot of routes over last few years , even before starting and even before covid ... its a fact ..let it go and stop making it personal
awwdabaaby

Post by awwdabaaby »

I have to agree with EKAlly, you need to take the rose coloured glasses off and look at what they have done since they relaunched as an independent airline. The amount of routes they have dropped after a few months launch must be higher than any other airline, most of the time they probably see its not going to work but come on, give it a chance.

I will always bang on about airlines and Glasgow, especially if its their main hub, like Loganair, where we have seen very little expansion. I get they are trying to fill gaps that Flybe left but focus on your existing bases first and expand if possible, Loganair are following the exact mistakes Flybe made, ie throwing darts at a dartboard and going that will work.

Not a personal dig but you gotta see it from others peoples point of view

#dababbyout
Saabdriver

Post by Saabdriver »

I don't think it's personal at all, but I do find it odd that someone says that the airline has the wrong aircraft types but then won't expand on that view. If it is as obvious as said, then there's surely no problem with outlining how you think it should be?
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

Saabdriver wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:22 pm I don't think it's personal at all, but I do find it odd that someone says that the airline has the wrong aircraft types but then won't expand on that view. If it is as obvious as said, then there's surely no problem with outlining how you think it should be?
Dont think i need to repeat myself , said what i need to say over past year or so ... not the only one either but you seem to only have issue with me when your tapping away on you keyboard ... your boring me now ... clearly LM is doing someting wrong with these stopping and starting , cancelling etc and this was even pre covid as well . Think the word chaotic comes to mind .THEY clearly need to do there homework better , and clearly not good for customer service either i should imagine ..
Gla1

Post by Gla1 »

Fair enough if they are wanting to retire.

It will be interesting to see who might acquire them and what they want to do with the brand, fleet and all the rest going forward.
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

And as the Saab 340s are retired, the maintenance mix between Glasgow & Aberdeen shifts north unless there are plans to rebalance the workload
Billyboeing

Post by Billyboeing »

buddyboy

Post by buddyboy »

I know the Saab's are being replaced by the summer but what do we think the plan is going forward for the ERJ's?

Most are over 20 years old now? Keep them another 5 or so years and then maybe pick up E170's? Or just go all ATR?