Flights for 2020

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

atuk

Flights for 2020

Post by atuk »

At last... if all goes to plan.

Wee trip to BHX early August followed by FRA via LHR then MUC via LHR in September.

No PMI, no PMI plus cruise and no PMO which replaced PMI. Maybe, Just maybe, a wee TUI to AGP in November.

Here’s hoping that COVID19 doesn’t do more damage than it already has and that the current shambles of essential/ non essential quarantine, QR codes and pre registrations become history in the near future.
rjon

Re: Flights for 2020

Post by rjon »

Am booked home with BA from BGI in two weeks, my early afternoon flight got cancelled and was facing a 12hr layover in London. Decided to get home by train instead..
big ears

Post by big ears »

Booked on the KLM to amsterdam early September, but just got word today from SAGA, our cruise is cancelled. The baw's on the slates, is basically what they said, so no need for the flights either :-(
atuk

Post by atuk »

big ears wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:17 pm Booked on the KLM to amsterdam early September, but just got word today from SAGA, our cruise is cancelled. The baw's on the slates, is basically what they said, so no need for the flights either :-(
Is this booked together as part of a package, Big Ears? If so you should get refund or rebooking fairly quickly. If not.....Virgin are being taken to task by CAA for still not repaying flights after 120 days... watch this space.
atuk

Post by atuk »

Well three sets of flights completed this month. EDI-BHX return with EZY and EDI-LHR-FRA and return with BA.

All went well, masked up, different inflight service but I take my hats off to all those still working in aviation still giving sterling service under difficult and unusual circumstances.

So folks, if you’re put off by the current restrictions take heart; it’s not all bad out there. Different yes but it’s different times. Oh and the QR codes required for entry back into the U.K.; it sounds daunting but it’s really quite easy and on arrival in LHR yesterday the Immigration Officer was only really interested in the destination origin of the flight.

I was good to go in a couple of minutes and through fast track security in three minutes.
big ears

Post by big ears »

atuk wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:45 pm
big ears wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:17 pm Booked on the KLM to amsterdam early September, but just got word today from SAGA, our cruise is cancelled. The baw's on the slates, is basically what they said, so no need for the flights either :-(
Is this booked together as part of a package, Big Ears? If so you should get refund or rebooking fairly quickly. If not.....Virgin are being taken to task by CAA for still not repaying flights after 120 days... watch this space.
Yea - all good - booked with tour operator - all dosh back in bank.. Next concern is with Jet2 to TFS in January.....
McG

Post by McG »

At the moment, MS Flightsim 2020.
ianegpf

Post by ianegpf »

Have had 3 flights scheduled for 2020....

Portugal with Jet2 in February went ahead just before lockdown

Majorca with Jet2 in June for daughters wedding cancelled and rebooked for Malta June 2021 via call centre

Cyprus with Jet2 in September rescheduled for August 2021 via online 'Manage my Booking'

We will just have to wait and see! :roll:

IB
atuk

Post by atuk »

ianegpf wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:57 am Have had 3 flights scheduled for 2020....

Portugal with Jet2 in February went ahead just before lockdown

Majorca with Jet2 in June for daughters wedding cancelled and rebooked for Malta June 2021 via call centre

Cyprus with Jet2 in September rescheduled for August 2021 via online 'Manage my Booking'

We will just have to wait and see! :roll:

IB
Hope all goes well for next year Ian. Now received sixth flight change for Munich today.

It must be a total nightmare working in crewing or operations right now. Mind you I feel sorry for our bosses going through all the first, now second 1-2-1 meetings to tell staff they no longer have a job and for most of the staff too. :(
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

I had a rearranged easyJet to AGP booked for the end of September but they cancelled it and offered a free of charge rebook so I’ve changed it to April now.

Gotta be OK in Spain (and here) by then!!
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.