BA Cityflyer to launch Belfast City

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

awwdabaaby

BA Cityflyer to launch Belfast City

Post by awwdabaaby »

BA Cityflyer to start Belfast City 6xweekly from 2nd August

MON-FRI, SUN
17:40/18:25/19:00/19:40 BA7326/7327 E90
Gla1

Re: BA Cityflyer to launch Belfast City

Post by Gla1 »

Interesting does it seem to be a long term thing?
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

Gla1 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:53 pm Interesting does it seem to be a long term thing?
Would imagine its until emerald airlines are ready to start op's
Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

Does Emerald even have any aircraft yet ?
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

Allen McL wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:29 pm Does Emerald even have any aircraft yet ?
Not yet ... wouldn't surprise me if they get some from the stobart demise
awwdabaaby

Post by awwdabaaby »

Emerald were due to take the franchise from 2023, but I have a feeling the stobart collapse will bring the start date forward, possibly a winter 2021 start, like EKAlly said, probably with some of the ex Stobart fleet
ScotFlyer

Post by ScotFlyer »

According to Aer Lingus, BA Cityflyer will operate until 31 August 2021

https://www.aerlingus.com/support/fligh ... formation/

I guess Cityflyer could extend it to cover until Emerald are ready or maybe Loganair might move back on it.
Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

awwdabaaby wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:04 pm Emerald were due to take the franchise from 2023, but I have a feeling the stobart collapse will bring the start date forward, possibly a winter 2021 start, like EKAlly said, probably with some of the ex Stobart fleet
Anyone able to tell me where Emerald have come from ? From all I've read across various forms and chat rooms, they look to be a non existent 'paper' airline put together for the express purpose of replacing Stobart on the Aer Lingus Regional Contract. Has this all, (Stobart demise included) just been manufactured by means of "creative accountancy" to get rid of a bona fide operation for whatever reason(s) ?

Did the Regional contract ever get put through a tendering process ? Is that not still a requirement of EU membership ?
awwdabaaby

Post by awwdabaaby »

Allen McL wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:18 am
awwdabaaby wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:04 pm Emerald were due to take the franchise from 2023, but I have a feeling the stobart collapse will bring the start date forward, possibly a winter 2021 start, like EKAlly said, probably with some of the ex Stobart fleet
Anyone able to tell me where Emerald have come from ? From all I've read across various forms and chat rooms, they look to be a non existent 'paper' airline put together for the express purpose of replacing Stobart on the Aer Lingus Regional Contract. Has this all, (Stobart demise included) just been manufactured by means of "creative accountancy" to get rid of a bona fide operation for whatever reason(s) ?

Did the Regional contract ever get put through a tendering process ? Is that not still a requirement of EU membership ?
Emerald were founded in May 2020, so they haven't just sprang from the ashes of Stobart
ADIG

Post by ADIG »