GLA v CBN

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

Bearsden

GLA v CBN

Post by Bearsden »

Has anybody noticed the number of singles / twins now visiting Cumbernauld?

Is GLA pricing itself out of this market?

A good example is PC-12 M-YBLS yesterday - a frequent visitor to GLA for fuel usually en route Fairoaks-Islay

This morning DA62 G-JAAM showing on FR24 as IAS21 but unconfirmed as it didn't contact GLA
Ekally1

Re: GLA v CBN

Post by Ekally1 »

Even what's is called cumbernauld kicking our ass now :lol:
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

And to prove my point . . . . M-YBLS getting vectors from GLA ATC inbound to CBN as I type
greymare

Post by greymare »

NO AVGAS
Ian

Post by Ian »

I hope you do not intend to put AVGAS in a PC12, it is a turboprop using jet fuel!
Ian
greymare

Post by greymare »

no, i was wondering if that was the cause as I don't believe its stocked anymore at GLA anymore
PiperOne

Post by PiperOne »

Avgas will still be required for the Leading Edge and Glasgow Flying Club fleets, who have their own bowsers on Apron W. Signature have a fixed pump installation on Apron J for retail sale, however there may some supply issues at the moment. If GLA, like PIK, is supplied by BP, the supply is shipped to Inverness by sea, then sent south by road. This is a historic set-up, as RAF Lossiemouth was the largest consumer of Avgas, back in Shackleton days, Wick and Kirkwall are now the biggest Avgas airports, so the Inverness distribution still works.

For Jet-A1, there may a sufficient price difference between Glasgow and Cumbernauld, as the latter is supplied by independent firm, Cyma, who do seem to be able to control costs better than the large suppliers.
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

PiperOne wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:06 pm Avgas will still be required for the Leading Edge and Glasgow Flying Club fleets, who have their own bowsers on Apron W. Signature have a fixed pump installation on Apron J for retail sale, however there may some supply issues at the moment. If GLA, like PIK, is supplied by BP, the supply is shipped to Inverness by sea, then sent south by road. This is a historic set-up, as RAF Lossiemouth was the largest consumer of Avgas, back in Shackleton days, Wick and Kirkwall are now the biggest Avgas airports, so the Inverness distribution still works.

For Jet-A1, there may a sufficient price difference between Glasgow and Cumbernauld, as the latter is supplied by independent firm, Cyma, who do seem to be able to control costs better than the large suppliers.
Probably too many people trying to take a slice of the cake then pricing themselves out of the market
greymare

Post by greymare »

I understand Signature no longer do avgas
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

PiperOne will remember the late Bruno Lionel Schroder (M-YBLS) from the West of Scotland Flying Club days . . . by far the wealthiest member of the club!!