GLA-MUC Lufthansa

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

awwdabaaby

GLA-MUC Lufthansa

Post by awwdabaaby »

In an awwdabaaby exclusive, my second in a month *cough cough, tui, 4 aircraft, cough cough*, lufthansa are bringing Munich back in winter 2023, currently operating a weekly service on a Saturday, starting 2nd December, so back to the initial service we had when they relaunched MUC a number of years back

LH2491 departs GLA at 13:00, arriving into MUC at 16:10, can't find an Inbound just yet.

A massive thank you to GeorgeNTravels for the heads up on this one, or should we wait for SeanM1997 to announce it
egpffqtv

Re: GLA-MUC Lufthansa

Post by egpffqtv »

10:50Munich
Munich International (MUC)
Terminal 2
12:15Glasgow
Glasgow International (GLA)
Terminal M
Flight duration 2 hours and 25 minutes
LH 2490 operated by Lufthansa Cityline
AIRBUS A319

13:00Glasgow
Glasgow International (GLA)
Terminal M
16:10Munich
Munich International (MUC)
Terminal 2
Flight duration 2 hours and 10 minutes
LH 2491 operated by Lufthansa Cityline
AIRBUS A319
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Good news. But at once a week is it a short series of flights over the festive period or will it operate for the rest of the winter season?
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
awwdabaaby

Post by awwdabaaby »

Clive wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:22 am Good news. But at once a week is it a short series of flights over the festive period or will it operate for the rest of the winter season?
Until the the end of winter
southflyer

Post by southflyer »

Good news for a change, even if it's just once a week. Bizarrely EDI's LH MUC service is also 1x weekly on the same day at the same time, could this be a replacement?
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

southflyer wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:04 am Good news for a change, even if it's just once a week. Bizarrely EDI's LH MUC service is also 1x weekly on the same day at the same time, could this be a replacement?
Or is there a ski tour operator involved?
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Iain

Post by Iain »

It kind of looks like something to do with skiing given the start date, however hopefully it can be built upon.

Iirc MUC was programmed two operate twice weekly in S20 before covid hit, so hopefully they can be persuaded to reinstate it at two or three weekly in the summer. It seemed to carry a decent number of passengers and I don't believe they were ALL connecting.
southflyer

Post by southflyer »

Iain wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:15 am It kind of looks like something to do with skiing given the start date, however hopefully it can be built upon.

Iirc MUC was programmed two operate twice weekly in S20 before covid hit, so hopefully they can be persuaded to reinstate it at two or three weekly in the summer. It seemed to carry a decent number of passengers and I don't believe they were ALL connecting.
I'm sure it was at least 5x weekly at one point before double-daily FRA was introduced, effectively taking its place.
Iain

Post by Iain »

southflyer wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:47 am
Iain wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:15 am
I'm sure it was at least 5x weekly at one point before double-daily FRA was introduced, effectively taking its place.
Yes, I think the S20 schedule had FRA down for double daily with MUC 2x weekly - down from 5x weekly in S19. So even if we say the connecting traffic is now going over FRA, there should hopefully still be enough point to point demand for at least a few fights a week in summer.
bill

Post by bill »

Good news, nearly great news from DLH.