Air Transat

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

Bearsden

Air Transat

Post by Bearsden »

Flights suspended until June 30
jcanuck

Re: Air Transat

Post by jcanuck »

My brother was booked on GLA-YYZ on June 25th. The first flight is now showing as July 2nd. from GLA. I'm waiting to hear if he's been re-scheduled
J
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

weefraz wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:17 pm Plan to resume 23rd July. Flights Su, Tu, W, Th with A332.
Looking at the airline's website the first outbound flight is Sun Jul 26 with July & August only twice weekly (Tue & Sun) thereafter September is five times a week (Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sun), October is four times a week (Tue, Thu, Fri, Sun) and November & December twice weekly (Thu & Sat)

I assume the airline is looking towards pent up demand in September & October
jetblue497

Post by jetblue497 »

Bearsden wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:04 pm
weefraz wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:17 pm Plan to resume 23rd July. Flights Su, Tu, W, Th with A332.
Looking at the airline's website the first outbound flight is Sun Jul 26 with July & August only twice weekly (Tue & Sun) thereafter September is five times a week (Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sun), October is four times a week (Tue, Thu, Fri, Sun) and November & December twice weekly (Thu & Sat)

I assume the airline is looking towards pent up demand in September & October
But did the Canadian PM not say the border would be closed to non essential travellers "for the forseeable future"?????????
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

weefraz wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:19 pm Been updated since I checked then. It definitely said 23rd July.
Jul 23 is the headline date for services starting to Europe but only Toronto from the UK at reduced frequencies (ex Canada dates shown so return is the following day)
TORONTO - GLASGOW Jul 25
TORONTO - LONDON Jul 23
TORONTO - MANCHESTER Jul 25

My daughter was booked out of Toronto on Jul 23 but no word yet from Air Transat - she is going to cancel holiday anyway although her outbound flight with WestJet in early July is still showing as operating
atuk

Post by atuk »

Bearsden wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:09 pm [quote=weefraz post_id=641 time=<a href="tel:1592047148">1592047148</a> user_id=159]
Been updated since I checked then. It definitely said 23rd July.
Jul 23 is the headline date for services starting to Europe but only Toronto from the UK at reduced frequencies (ex Canada dates shown so return is the following day)
TORONTO - GLASGOW Jul 25
TORONTO - LONDON Jul 23
TORONTO - MANCHESTER Jul 25

My daughter was booked out of Toronto on Jul 23 but no word yet from Air Transat - she is going to cancel holiday anyway although her outbound flight with WestJet in early July is still showing as operating
[/quote]

These dates may well change again. I’ve just read a Routes report on Air Canada berating their government regards Air travel. It’s suggested that the Canadian Government doesn’t understand how aviation works by restricting all air travel. AC state that even with restrictions ease it may well be October before service can properly resume.

Given these restrictions one would assume that Air Transit and Westjet will be similarly impacted.

As a wee aside, just give another example, Qatar were due to start today from EDI. This has been pushed back to July, Delta to August and Emirates EDI until September.

This situation is fluid and moving daily.
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

weefraz wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:50 pm Transat is A21N for July and August now, instead of A332.
Air Transat are suggesting a reschedule for my daughter's flight from July 23 to July 25 but she will be rejecting it as her outbound WestJet flight has been cancelled as has most of her booked accommodation

Interesting she got a text from WestJet stating they would be refunding only for it to be reversed a couple of days later - we are waiting to see if refunds are forthcoming if not a Section 75 claim will be submitted
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

Bearsden wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:55 pm
weefraz wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:50 pm Transat is A21N for July and August now, instead of A332.
Air Transat are suggesting a reschedule for my daughter's flight from July 23 to July 25 but she will be rejecting it as her outbound WestJet flight has been cancelled as has most of her booked accommodation

Interesting she got a text from WestJet stating they would be refunding only for it to be reversed a couple of days later - we are waiting to see if refunds are forthcoming if not a Section 75 claim will be submitted
Section 75 claims lodged as both were still proposing a travel credit
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

I note that Canada is not on England's list of countries to be exempt from inbound quarantine restrictions . . . . so unlikely it will be on Scotland's!!

I can only conclude that both Air Transat & WestJet will further delay their proposed restart dates
KM Air

Post by KM Air »

SUN 26/07

TSC524 on arrivals for 0720 showing as a A21N.

K.M.A.