PIK

Moderators: bill, Clive

Sharpal7

Re: PIK

Post by Sharpal7 »

Stevo wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 3:47 pm Was down in Ayr yesterday and it was still there, along with a whole bunch of Wizz metal
Believe its to be there for at least 2 weeks for maintenance work.
Sharpal7

Post by Sharpal7 »

Stevo wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 3:47 pm Was down in Ayr yesterday and it was still there, along with a whole bunch of Wizz metal
Believe its to be there for at least 2 weeks for maintenance work.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Former chairman trying to make a bid for PIK. Just gotta hope he plans to close the terminal pax ops and concentrate on the good parts of the business.

www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-new ... d-33038309
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
TonyM90

Post by TonyM90 »

Clive wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:13 am Former chairman trying to make a bid for PIK. Just gotta hope he plans to close the terminal pax ops and concentrate on the good parts of the business.

Looks a bit suss how hes batted off other bids whilst in the chair and working on his own. Hes had 2 1/2 years running the place however so will know fine well what works and what doesn't there.

Anyway, aside from that, looking at Black's professional history in more depth it suggests hes currently and has been involved in a lot of fuelling and logistic/cargo type projects. Not a background involved in route development or working for commercial airlines or airports whose bread and butter is passenger orientated stuff.

Do we know if its a deal breaker to Ryanair on running a passenger operation if the terminal shuts? If that shuts do they move the maintenance operation? If the land the terminal is on is to be reutilized would they have no interest in expanding their non commercial ops? I hope the five year deal PIK signed with them is part of a transition timeline whilst the airport figures out the long term and not just renewing the status quo every few years. GLA and the West sorely needs that base to move.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

TonyM90 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:15 pm
Clive wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:13 am Former chairman trying to make a bid for PIK. Just gotta hope he plans to close the terminal pax ops and concentrate on the good parts of the business.

Looks a bit suss how hes batted off other bids whilst in the chair and working on his own. Hes had 2 1/2 years running the place however so will know fine well what works and what doesn't there.

Anyway, aside from that, looking at Black's professional history in more depth it suggests hes currently and has been involved in a lot of fuelling and logistic/cargo type projects. Not a background involved in route development or working for commercial airlines or airports whose bread and butter is passenger orientated stuff.

Do we know if its a deal breaker to Ryanair on running a passenger operation if the terminal shuts? If that shuts do they move the maintenance operation? If the land the terminal is on is to be reutilized would they have no interest in expanding their non commercial ops? I hope the five year deal PIK signed with them is part of a transition timeline whilst the airport figures out the long term and not just renewing the status quo every few years. GLA and the West sorely needs that base to move.
I suppose no one not involved will know if the continuation of the Ryanair maintenance ops are dependent on the existence of the pax ops but I’d think not. I’d wager that the engineering will continue long after the terminal closes.

But will new owners opt to close the loss making terminal pax ops or be happy to carry on as it has been, with zero hope of attracting additional pax airlines and having the omnipresent threat of Ryanair leaving? That’s no kind of business plan but will new owners see it that way? I guess that’s the million dollar question and one which has massive implications for the future of GLA.

I repeat that to conclude this the way they want it’s down to GLA’s management to make it happen. Whatever the impediment has been thus far, get the gloves off and do it now.

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
egpffqtv

Post by egpffqtv »

Clive wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 8:06 am

I suppose no one not involved will know if the continuation of the Ryanair maintenance ops are dependent on the existence of the pax ops but I’d think not. I’d wager that the engineering will continue long after the terminal closes.

But will new owners opt to close the loss making terminal pax ops or be happy to carry on as it has been, with zero hope of attracting additional pax airlines and having the omnipresent threat of Ryanair leaving? That’s no kind of business plan but will new owners see it that way? I guess that’s the million dollar question and one which has massive implications for the future of GLA.

I repeat that to conclude this the way they want it’s down to GLA’s management to make it happen. Whatever the impediment has been thus far, get the gloves off and do it now.
The gloves should have been off 20+ years ago when FR first landed at PIK IMHO.
will1983

Post by will1983 »

S25 FR flights going on sale:-

ALC - daily
TFS - daily
LPA - 2 weekly
ACE - 2 weekly
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

egpffqtv wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:26 am

Agreed. Everything would have been very different.

egpffqtv

Post by egpffqtv »

Clive wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:07 pm
egpffqtv wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:26 am

Agreed. Everything would have been very different.
Sleeping giant, eh?
FlyGLA

Post by FlyGLA »

GLA being the giant which went to sleep. You could say GLAcoma.