New majority stakeholders at EGPH

Moderators: bill, Clive

Bearsden

Re: New majority stakeholders at EGPH

Post by Bearsden »

FlyGLA wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:06 am I hope Team GLA are taking these figures to the airlines to show where Scotland's flying population and actually flying to and from, as it's not Edinburgh. We just need one airline to make the switch and provide the flights to start clawing back our rightful market share.
I frequently travelled on Citylink AIR in its early days when passenger loads were mainly less than 10 and wrongly questioned its long term viability

We have already had Wizz Air switch (although only two, relatively low volume, twice weekly routes) and then pull one of the routes due to the Pratt & Whitney PW1100G issues which shows the route was at the lower end of the Bucharest base's financial returns BUT EDI's primary based 'low cost' carrier continues to serve Bucharest which is what its management wants

As reported by Douglas Fraser 'By 2030, Edinburgh's management is planning for annual passenger numbers to grow to 20 million.' . . . IMHO it is naive to think that all of this growth is marginal to Scotland - it will include volume 'won' from competitors whether GLA, NEW or MAN

From November, DXB & LDY, what next . . . Barra?
G-WATP

Post by G-WATP »

Bearsden wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:26 am From November, DXB & LDY, what next . . . Barra?
FI to KEF I'd have thought (not ITK, just a guess).
FlyGLA

Post by FlyGLA »

Bearsden wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:26 am From November, DXB & LDY, what next . . . Barra?
The EDI fan boys over on Pprune are eying up Hong Kong, Shanghai and my personal favourite... Denver :lol:
TonyM90

Post by TonyM90 »

FlyGLA wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:05 am
The EDI fan boys over on Pprune are eying up Hong Kong, Shanghai and my personal favourite... Denver :lol:
I mean as laughable as it is, would you rule it out? EDI has service to places like Calgary and GLA can't even get a summer seasonal to New York. They have the aggressive management who will likely pursue it, whilst the GLA management/ownership sits idle. There was all the chat that JetBlue would come here, but they chose EDI instead, which has what now 4x daily service to NYC in the summer?

GLA and/or PIK need sold to new owners for the tide to turn cause the status quo right now is GLA stagnating and the current owners of PIK wanting to continue to keep the terminal open. If/when the FR base returns, the balance will normalise somewhat and maybe the other airlines will also pick on this and show increased interest. Then as Clive suggested you could also make the airport more accessible and provide direct transport to other parts of Scotland and improve passenger numbers beyond your base market....which is a big part of EDI's business plan. GLA last I looked still beats EDI statistically on some services to the Med which is quite stunning given even those routes have greater service from EDI, but it just shows how in some instances the market is very skewed.
PiperOne

Post by PiperOne »

For EDI, the main thing is they now have certainty over future ownership, who appear to have bought into the strategic view of the current management. They can now press on with capital expenditure to sort out some of their deficiencies. How quickly that happens remains to be seen. For AGS and GLA, hopefully the future can be secured with whatever re-financing or new ownership can be arranged, and start the process of getting growth stimulated.
egpffqtv

Post by egpffqtv »

Clive wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:11 am
FlyGLA wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:06 am I believe the coach used to GLA East has 71 seats and operates up to every 30 minutes. That's 284 seats an hour going to and from EDI that could be flying from GLA. Then on top of that you have the aforementioned rise in car park bookings from Glasgow.

I hope Team GLA are taking these figures to the airlines to show where Scotland's flying population and actually flying to and from, as it's not Edinburgh. We just need one airline to make the switch and provide the flights to start clawing back our rightful market share.
We need a high frequency bus service to Edinburgh and links to all major population centres and a Ryanair base. It’s difficult to fathom why an international airport like GLA doesn’t have either.
AGS.
bill

Post by bill »

egpffqtv wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:39 pm
FlyGLA wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:06 am I believe the coach used to GLA East has 71 seats and operates up to every 30 minutes. That's 284 seats an hour going to and from EDI that could be flying from GLA. Then on top of that you have the aforementioned rise in car park bookings from Glasgow.

I hope Team GLA are taking these figures to the airlines to show where Scotland's flying population and actually flying to and from, as it's not Edinburgh. We just need one airline to make the switch and provide the flights to start clawing back our rightful market share.
We need a high frequency bus service to Edinburgh and links to all major population centres and a Ryanair base. It’s difficult to fathom why an international airport like GLA doesn’t have either.
AGS.
Yup. Those three letters that send shivers down your spine. :lol:
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

bill wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:36 pm

AGS.
Possible suitors for AGS airports are Aena, MAG, Groupe ADP (Aeroports de Paris) and an Ozzy investment fund.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
egpffqtv

Post by egpffqtv »

Clive wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:21 pm
bill wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:36 pm

AGS.
Possible suitors for AGS airports are Aena, MAG, Groupe ADP (Aeroports de Paris) and an Ozzy investment fund.
Good. All of the above will want to see results from the lacklustre incumbents.