Loganair reopen MME base

Moderators: bill, Clive

dgr727

Re: Loganair reopen MME base

Post by dgr727 »

Well said Clive. Its almost as if most airlines have given up on GLA and will concentrate all future operations at EDI. Sad times for this of us who have been around since day 1 at GLA.
southflyer

Post by southflyer »

It doesn't matter whether I think it's a Glasgow airport or not, it's what the majority of the travelling public think. If someone uses Skyscanner/Kayak/Expedia to search for Glasgow to Copenhagen for a weekend break next August there will be plenty of non-stop options at various times and fares but none will actually be from GLA. I wish that wasn't the case but it is. Frankly all this 'driving along the M8 to save a tenner' is tosh. It's driving along the M8 because there are a plethora of routes available that GLA can't offer, it's that simple. Loganair aren't going to fix that.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

southflyer wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:20 pm It doesn't matter whether I think it's a Glasgow airport or not, it's what the majority of the travelling public think. If someone uses Skyscanner/Kayak/Expedia to search for Glasgow to Copenhagen for a weekend break next August there will be plenty of non-stop options at various times and fares but none will actually be from GLA. I wish that wasn't the case but it is. Frankly all this 'driving along the M8 to save a tenner' is tosh. It's driving along the M8 because there are a plethora of routes available that GLA can't offer, it's that simple. Loganair aren't going to fix that.
No they’re not. That’s for sure.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Saabdriver

Post by Saabdriver »

No - and after the Dusseldorf experiment, I do not think they are going to try. Apart from the flying into Norway and Denmark where competition is less and average fares are higher, I cannot see any routes into continental Europe featuring in the route network any time soon.
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

Saabdriver wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:10 pm No - and after the Dusseldorf experiment, I do not think they are going to try. Apart from the flying into Norway and Denmark where competition is less and average fares are higher, I cannot see any routes into continental Europe featuring in the route network any time soon.
So whats the chance of a denmark or norway from GLA ?
egpffqtv

Post by egpffqtv »

Ekally1 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:25 am
Saabdriver wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:10 pm No - and after the Dusseldorf experiment, I do not think they are going to try. Apart from the flying into Norway and Denmark where competition is less and average fares are higher, I cannot see any routes into continental Europe featuring in the route network any time soon.
So whats the chance of a denmark or norway from GLA ?
Zilch.
Paris

Post by Paris »

whats the chance of a denmark or norway from GLA ?
Saabdriver writes: “ I cannot see any routes into continental Europe featuring in the route network any time soon.” ... Then question put: “whats the chance of a denmark or norway from GLA ?”

Baffled.com :roll: :roll: :roll:
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

Paris wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:21 pm
whats the chance of a denmark or norway from GLA ?
Saabdriver writes: “ I cannot see any routes into continental Europe featuring in the route network any time soon.” ... Then question put: “whats the chance of a denmark or norway from GLA ?”

Baffled.com :roll: :roll: :roll:
Where he also says apart from perhaps denmark and norway ... however i see you have edited that out to suit your agenda ... dont be that person who trolls like a online bully so give it a rest
Gla1

Post by Gla1 »

Not quite MME related but Loganair now announcing an expanded Isle of Man base which will eventually be 3x Atr 72 a/c.

Man up to 4x daily
Liv up to 3x daily
Heathrow up to 2x daily
Birmingham 1x daily
Belfast city 6x weekly
Edinburgh up to 4x weekly
Southampton up to 3x weekly
Jersey up to 1x weekly.

Courtesy of Seanm1997 on twitter.
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

Gla1 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:11 pm Not quite MME related but Loganair now announcing an expanded Isle of Man base which will eventually be 3x Atr 72 a/c.

Man up to 4x daily
Liv up to 3x daily
Heathrow up to 2x daily
Birmingham 1x daily
Belfast city 6x weekly
Edinburgh up to 4x weekly
Southampton up to 3x weekly
Jersey up to 1x weekly.

Courtesy of Seanm1997 on twitter.
Disapointed no GLA service ... 4 daily MAN , surely even a daily to gla could of been fitted in