Anthem for Aviation

Moderators: bill, Clive

atuk

Anthem for Aviation

Post by atuk »

I saw a lovely post from Condor yesterday which set me thinking.

Apologies in advance to Ethel Merman and co. ;)

Light the lights, start the flights, we got nothing to gain but delight, starting here at the gate, book up now, don’t be late, and you’ll be up aloft once again, honey everyone’s going to Palma and Malaga, everyone’s going to Rhodes and Heraklion, everything’s going to be rosy again at last.

EasyJet, Jet2, Ryanair, TUI Airways available now from your local airport. :D
atuk

Re: Anthem for Aviation

Post by atuk »

Maybe change that to Beethoven’s Funeral March!
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

atuk wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:25 am Maybe change that to Beethoven’s Funeral March!
This is very true , getting very grim
big ears

Post by big ears »

We are on the foothills of Armageddon!
1-11

Post by 1-11 »

Atuk,
I’m sure what you really meant was, “ A Requiem for Aviation ”.

The dismantling of the world aviation industry is a cornerstone of Climate Change policy.
It’s simple. If we want to save the planet, then we need to change our behaviour.
Flying from the cold north to the warm south just to get pissed, is bad for the planet. You can get pissed at home.

If any of you are waiting for, “this all to be over, and things to get back to normal ”, then you are in for a very long wait indeed. Even when (or if ever ) the Covidians allow us out of our bunkers, will we be allowed on a plane without vaccination papers, and then will other countries allow us in ?
And then you expect that this can all be resolved by the coming summer ? - Dream on !

Things are not going back to the way they were before. Life has fundamentally changed, you would be very naive to think otherwise.

In future, air travel will be an expensive luxury that few will be able to afford.

( If you are lucky, you might still grab a Ryanair or Easyjet flight if you can, before they figure out that their business model is no longer viable )
dav3

Post by dav3 »

we might have been out of our bunkers ages ago if we ALL had followed the rules.agree with you about getting pissed at home though :)
atuk

Post by atuk »

1-11 if you scroll further down my post you will see I state Beethoven’s Funeral March.

The original post was written earlier in December before the latest strain of the virus was identified.

Things are so much worse now: I said last year the TUI business model was broken and despite company reports proclaiming business as usual this summer is looking more precarious with each day’s worse news.

Right now, as more borders close and the noose on aviation tightens even further, there are demands being made that the Government must step up- and they should. We need aviation, it’s a vital part of the economy to maintain trade, business, cargo, and of course leisure.

To deny aid will result in calamity; not just airlines but also airports. And where will all these former employees find employment? The cost in benefits will outweigh the cost of support.

Unless, of course, there is a hidden agenda to destroy the industry which many of us love, and work or worked in.
1-11

Post by 1-11 »

As I was thinking about you original post, I actually had Chopin’s ‘Marche Funerabre’ in my head, and not Beethoven. It was then I realised, that this was not an Anthem, but a Requiem.
Aviation is dead. I has been murdered, and although many still hang onto the vain hope that it will resurect, it will not.
There is no hidden agenda. The Agenda is in plain sight, and I have mentioned it above. Climate Change.
Fossil Fuels, hated by the climate lobbyists, are the root cause of man-made climate change.
If we want to save the planet, we need to stop using fossil fuels.
The fact that this will destroy modern civilisation as we know it, seems to be lost on most climate change activists. Without fossil fuels about 75% of humanity will be wiped out, and it does not seem to bother them.
Now that aviation is gone, they will be coming from your cars next. Seeing as we are all under House Arrest, who needs a car anyway ?
So if you were in the aviation industry and are now unemployed, don’t re-train as a car salesman, or you will get the rug pulled out from under your feet a second time !
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

1-11 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:33 pm As I was thinking about you original post, I actually had Chopin’s ‘Marche Funerabre’ in my head, and not Beethoven. It was then I realised, that this was not an Anthem, but a Requiem.
Aviation is dead. I has been murdered, and although many still hang onto the vain hope that it will resurect, it will not.
There is no hidden agenda. The Agenda is in plain sight, and I have mentioned it above. Climate Change.
Fossil Fuels, hated by the climate lobbyists, are the root cause of man-made climate change.
If we want to save the planet, we need to stop using fossil fuels.
The fact that this will destroy modern civilisation as we know it, seems to be lost on most climate change activists. Without fossil fuels about 75% of humanity will be wiped out, and it does not seem to bother them.
Now that aviation is gone, they will be coming from your cars next. Seeing as we are all under House Arrest, who needs a car anyway ?
So if you were in the aviation industry and are now unemployed, don’t re-train as a car salesman, or you will get the rug pulled out from under your feet a second time !
Trumpian tripe.

1. Air travel will return when the virus is conquered.
2. New cars will still be sold in the future. They won’t use fossil fuels though.
3. We know you think Covid is a hoax, and climate change. I suppose you also think 5G is government spyware or a biological virus transmitter and that the earth is flat.
4. The Flat Earth Society literature claims that they have members right around the globe. Think about that...
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
1-11

Post by 1-11 »

The aviation industry will not recover.
Firstly : Fear.
Too many people have had the shit scared out of them so much, that they hardly want to pass somebody in a supermarket isle, never mind sit beside 150 strangers in a tin can for an hour breathing the same air.
The virus will not be conquered. Modern medicine has been trying to get a vaccine against the common cold ( also a Corona virus ) for decades but has as yet not had any success. Why should they magically get one now ?
People need to conquer this virus in their minds first. They need to realise that it is not the great plague and that we will need to live wih it, just like seasonal flu. Until that happens, no recovery.
Governments however, seem intent on keeping Fear at a high level.
Secondly: The economy.
With so many people being laid off or furloughed, nobody has got any money left to go on holiday. We are now coming up to a full year of reduced economic activity. That is a lot of lost income, paying a holiday will need to be put onto the back burner for most people. Business travel is finished. Zoom calls will replace that.
Thirdly : Costs.
As fewer people fly, the industry, especially low-fare airlines, will need to rebalance their business model. Fewer bums on seats means higher fares for those who do fly. Higher fares also mean fewer people can afford to fly. Routes will get cut due to lack of demand, some airlines will go to the wall. Vicious circle. The Glory Days of aviation are well and truly over.
Only a fool would think that they are coming back.

New cars will be sold in the future, that is true. However the number of new cars sold will decrease dramatically. The government will subsidise EV’s until they can’t, and then demand for them will cease.

I believe that the sars-cov-2 virus is real, and that it is very dangerous to the elderly and people with weak imune systems. In Scotland data shows that over the past year, 15% more people have died this year ( to date ), compared to the average in the previous 5 years.
I know that that is not a signficant increase over the average, but it does reflect that the virus is real and very dangerous to a small percentage of people.
Of course we also need to remember that 99.5 % of people who get this virus, actually recover from it.

5G technology will probably make government eavesdropping much easier for them. MS Windows 10 is already full of back doors and spyware, so nothing new there.

I have flown around the earth twice, once E – W, and once W – E.
As on both occassions I arrived back at my starting point, I concluded that the earth is a globe, in a macro sense.
However, in a micro sense it does show attributes of being flat.

You would appear to know more about the “Flat Earth Society“ that I do.
I am not a member.