viscount

Re: Cop 26 flights

Post by viscount »

I notice 2 helicopters flying around on on ADS-B
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

viscount wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:09 pm Gentlemen now you have had your say can we put this to bed and keep politics for in the pub
Thank you
Indeed.

Not sure why Big Ears says it speaks volumes that Bill and I haven’t yet deleted posts. We don’t need told what to do and what we do is never up for debate. Maybe we were busy.

But both nationalist participants have done the same as each other. Everyone else ignored it.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Stevo

Post by Stevo »

I could have sworn I saw a 747 take off just before 3 this afternoon. Any info on this or am I seeing things?
Clydeflyer

Post by Clydeflyer »

Korean Air Force heading for Budapest. According to FR24 Australian AF heavy due in Glasgow in about 30 mins.
Stevo

Post by Stevo »

Clydeflyer wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:24 pm Korean Air Force heading for Budapest. According to FR24 Australian AF heavy due in Glasgow in about 30 mins.
Thanks, couldn’t tell from my distance what it was
Paris

Post by Paris »

big ears wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:44 pm
Paris wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:28 pm

It is indeed a UN Event … Backdrop of the speakers podium in UN colours highjacked & spoiled by Johnston’s love of his Union flag. The wrong message being displayed across the globe… No need for a flag of any kind to be displayed, especially a foreign flag to what is hopefully a meaningful and successful outcome to (what has been called) the worlds most important debate. The Schoolboy has (IMO) obviously arranged for that emblem to be most visual when it isn’t relative… Maybe someone of intellect and importance will see this and have the sense to place it out of harms way…. There’s a big river outside.
Sorry I cant let that go and I note that the moderators have not shown some level of displeasure, then it speaks volumes. Its NOT Johnston's Union Flag, its OUR Union Flag, the flag of this country - The United Kingdom. This is an International Conference run by the UN and hosted by THE UNITED KINGDOM - not Scotland. I simply cannot understand why you think The Union Flag is a foreign Flag. Its much less foreign than some of the REAL foreign flags that fly at Parkhead every Saturday, but I dont see you complaining about them. Of course the Union Flag should be flown with pride. ITS OUR FLAG.
Off in a wee tangent there ??? Parkhead ??? What u on about ??? Union Flags ??? …… Wee stone in yer shoe, have you… I wrote: ‘ No need for any flags to be displayed’ as I agreed with your point that it is a United Nations event… A lot more important than flag ranting nonsense, one would have thought… If your referring to Parkhead as in Celtic Park (as I think you are) and not the Glasgow district of? Then having never stepped foot in the place (Celtic Park) I wouldn’t know what flags they fly there… I’ve no time or thought for any flag waving crap. Lots of time to slag off the Schoolboy Johnston though … A pet hate of mine. I’ll leave it at that, not wanting you to go bursting a vessel or two over A N Others opinion.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Paris wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:25 pm
big ears wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:44 pm
Paris wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:28 pm

It is indeed a UN Event … Backdrop of the speakers podium in UN colours highjacked & spoiled by Johnston’s love of his Union flag. The wrong message being displayed across the globe… No need for a flag of any kind to be displayed, especially a foreign flag to what is hopefully a meaningful and successful outcome to (what has been called) the worlds most important debate. The Schoolboy has (IMO) obviously arranged for that emblem to be most visual when it isn’t relative… Maybe someone of intellect and importance will see this and have the sense to place it out of harms way…. There’s a big river outside.
Sorry I cant let that go and I note that the moderators have not shown some level of displeasure, then it speaks volumes. Its NOT Johnston's Union Flag, its OUR Union Flag, the flag of this country - The United Kingdom. This is an International Conference run by the UN and hosted by THE UNITED KINGDOM - not Scotland. I simply cannot understand why you think The Union Flag is a foreign Flag. Its much less foreign than some of the REAL foreign flags that fly at Parkhead every Saturday, but I dont see you complaining about them. Of course the Union Flag should be flown with pride. ITS OUR FLAG.
Off in a wee tangent there ??? Parkhead ??? What u on about ??? Union Flags ??? …… Wee stone in yer shoe, have you… I wrote: ‘ No need for any flags to be displayed’ as I agreed with your point that it is a United Nations event… A lot more important than flag ranting nonsense, one would have thought… If your referring to Parkhead as in Celtic Park (as I think you are) and not the Glasgow district of? Then having never stepped foot in the place (Celtic Park) I wouldn’t know what flags they fly there… I’ve no time or thought for any flag waving crap. Lots of time to slag off the Schoolboy Johnston though … A pet hate of mine. I’ll leave it at that, not wanting you to go bursting a vessel or two over A N Others opinion.
Maybe you two would be better taking this to private messaging.

This thread is about COP26 flights.

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
bill

Post by bill »

Just about to post the same. Keep it about COP26 please gents or there won't be a thread at all. Thanks.
bill

Post by bill »

Clive wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:43 pm
viscount wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:09 pm Gentlemen now you have had your say can we put this to bed and keep politics for in the pub
Thank you
Indeed.

Not sure why Big Ears says it speaks volumes that Bill and I haven’t yet deleted posts. We don’t need told what to do and what we do is never up for debate.
Maybe we were busy.
But both nationalist participants have done the same as each other. Everyone else ignored it.
Working until 7pm tonight mate, knackered. Can't be arsed with the thread kicking off with political jingoism so it'll get locked after the next bout.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Congratulations and well done to everyone at GLA for handling this event so well.

I tuned in to ATC for a while this evening and it was exceptionally busy with the departures of the Japanese and Indian 777’s and various executive jets, the arrival of the Australian A330 and Cypriot A319 and Police P68 as well as the usual BA’s, Jet2’s, easyJet’s, Loganair’s and KLM coming or going.

Bravo to all concerned. 👏🏾