Edinburgh

Moderators: bill, Clive

egpffqtv

Re: United

Post by egpffqtv »

GeorgeNTravels wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:31 pm
Planeenthusiast wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:26 pm
GeorgeNTravels wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:07 pm

UA only showing an standby list for the first departure and that there are still seats available on the second departure.
Seat availability for 23:50 departure

United Polaris® business
Full
United Economy
Full

https://www.united.com/en/gb/flightstat ... EWR/EDI/UA
You still disproved your original post, there is no standby list on the 23:50 departure like you originally claimed
I've taken screenshots of what shows on the UA website but can't upload them here as file too large. If anyone would like to see them, please PM me.
Clive
Site Admin

Re: Edinburgh

Post by Clive »

egpffqtv wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:48 pm
Clive wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:00 pm
egpffqtv wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:01 pm

Bunch of jealous wee bitches in here 🤣
egpffqtv take this as a formal warning. Three strikes and you’re out.
Formal warning for what? Posting accurate information and speaking my mind? And they say the Tories are against freedom of speech :lol: :lol:
Strike 2. Don’t make it 3.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
GeorgeNTravels

Re: United

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

egpffqtv wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 12:06 am
GeorgeNTravels wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:31 pm
Planeenthusiast wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:26 pm

Seat availability for 23:50 departure

United Polaris® business
Full
United Economy
Full

https://www.united.com/en/gb/flightstat ... EWR/EDI/UA
You still disproved your original post, there is no standby list on the 23:50 departure like you originally claimed
I've taken screenshots of what shows on the UA website but can't upload them here as file too large. If anyone would like to see them, please PM me.
There’s my info taken 3 hours before departure, when I made my comments I used the information available to me at the time.

Leaving this argument here as I know I made accurate comments based on the info available. If you want to praise EDI then head to another forum.
Attachments
3BBE967B-A02E-442E-A929-124304EF929D.png
3BBE967B-A02E-442E-A929-124304EF929D.png (190.62 KiB) Viewed 1077 times
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Clive wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 12:08 am

Hi folks. Just to let you know that egpffqtv is now on gardening leave for the foreseeable. If he wants to return after that he’ll have to abide by the rules like the rest of us.

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
bill

Post by bill »

Yep. There are others on the watch list too.
FlyGLA

Post by FlyGLA »

Wizz Air ceasing EDI-Gdansk.

Interesting to note that Wizz flew to 7 destinations from GLA when they decided to move east down the M8. Since moving to EDI their network has crumbled with just two routes remaining. Hopefully Andy Cliffe and his new team can entice Wizz Air back to GLA. Without knowing the numbers it does feel like Andy Cliffe has landed more new routes in just a few months than Derek Provan managed in his entire tenure.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

FlyGLA wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 11:01 am Wizz Air ceasing EDI-Gdansk.

Interesting to note that Wizz flew to 7 destinations from GLA when they decided to move east down the M8. Since moving to EDI their network has crumbled with just two routes remaining. Hopefully Andy Cliffe and his new team can entice Wizz Air back to GLA. Without knowing the numbers it does feel like Andy Cliffe has landed more new routes in just a few months than Derek Provan managed in his entire tenure.
Indeed. A Wizz UK base would do nicely if Ryanair are playing silly beggars. We can take it 100% that GLA bosses will be working on Wizz. If that ever happens I bet Ryanair would be in the door the very next day.

Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

Wizz seem to be rather chaotic . Starting and dropping routes constantly .. they seem to open and close bases . Think FR would get a better option , albeit they closed there GLA base but think there was external factors involved such as air passenger tax issues with Holyrood etc
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Ekally1 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 7:41 pm Wizz seem to be rather chaotic . Starting and dropping routes constantly .. they seem to open and close bases . Think FR would get a better option , albeit they closed there GLA base but think there was external factors involved such as air passenger tax issues with Holyrood etc
Ryanair would definitely be the better option if it was either or. Indeed for any airline pair, if it was either or, Ryanair would be the best solution for growth, dots on maps, bums on seats, etc.

GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

Further TUI cuts at EDI seem to have appeared on the flight timetable:

VRN: Flights cut and transferred to GLA
CUN: On sale for this summer then cut for S24
IBZ: On sale for this summer then cut for S24
MLB: On sale for this summer then cut for S24
MAH: On sale for this summer then cut for S24
TFS: Only on sale for Jan/Feb 24