PIK

Moderators: bill, Clive

dgr727

Re: PIK

Post by dgr727 »

Picky? You know what I was referring to.
cammyboy

Post by cammyboy »

dgr727 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:42 am Could be something to do with the Soviet fleet in UK waters???
According to the UK Defence Journal they are patrolling out of Prestwick due to ongoing maintenance at Lossie.

Think given the number of recent incursions into UK waters and airspace of Russian ships and the old bombers you're probably correct.

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/us-navy ... r-patrols/
big ears

Post by big ears »

Lossie has 4 x P8s flying out of it at the moment. There is a maintenance facility there. I would have thought that lossie would have been the logican place for a USN P8. I'm sure I read somewhere that when fully operational, Lossie will also host both US and Norwegian P8s.....
Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

I heard it said there's been a bit of 'extra' Russian submarine activity out in the Atlantic, Iceland and the gaps north of us and Norway. This is probably a good excuse to get the P8's of various countries up and about in full on patrol mode.
baystate

Post by baystate »

Allen McL wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:39 pm I heard it said there's been a bit of 'extra' Russian submarine activity out in the Atlantic, Iceland and the gaps north of us and Norway. This is probably a good excuse to get the P8's of various countries up and about in full on patrol mode.
Scouring the bottom of the Atlantic for any remaining shred of Donald Trump's credibility?
Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

baystate wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:19 pm
Allen McL wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:39 pm I heard it said there's been a bit of 'extra' Russian submarine activity out in the Atlantic, Iceland and the gaps north of us and Norway. This is probably a good excuse to get the P8's of various countries up and about in full on patrol mode.
Scouring the bottom of the Atlantic for any remaining shred of Donald Trump's credibility?
They could have just gone fishing with a length of string and a jeely jar if that was the case. ;)
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Think someone’s been at the glue:

“Prestwick Airport to launch human space flights as money for venture pours in
Ayrshire site will be the leading horizontal launch Spaceport in Europe

Plans to send people into space from Prestwick Airport were revealed yesterday as an £80 million investment pours in for the transport hub.

Spaceport infrastructure is to be built at the airport under huge Ayrshire Growth Deal funding.

Offering passengers the chance to experience space tourism flights is one of the hopes of the commercial spaceport.

A document released by the UK Government today said “human space flight”, satellite launches and gravity free flying will form part of Preswick’s services.

South Ayrshire Council leader Peter Henderson described innovation at Prestwick as world leading.
Commenting on the spaceport plans to launch satellites he said: “It is the future. We can do it ourselves.”

The Ayrshire Growth Deal document said: “The investment will be a catalyst to establishing Glasgow Prestwick Airport as the leading horizontal launch Spaceport in Europe, providing a range of services including micro gravity flights, air launch of satellites, human space flight and hypersonic flight services.”

There will also be a visitor centre and innovation hub at the airport as well as more hangar space.
Ayrshire Growth Deal worth £251 million will turn region into "21st century powerhouse for growth"
Ian Annett, Deputy CEO, UK Space Agency said: “The deal will deliver another boost to the UK’s growing space sector by funding a range of new, cutting-edge aerospace activities around Glasgow Prestwick Airport, including development of the spaceport site.

“This will not only create highly-skilled jobs across the region but also further the UK’s reputation as Europe’s leading new space destination and bring us one step closer to small satellite launches taking place in the UK.”

Secretary of State for Scotland, Alister Jack, Scottish transport and infrastructure minister Michael Matheson and council leader Councillors Henderson, Douglas Reid and Joe Cullinane signed the Ayrshire Growth Deal yesterday.

The airport development forms just a part of the £251 million deal, which hopes to create 7000 jobs. It aims to attract further private investment of £300 million.

Councillor Henderson added: “It has taken four years of work to get to this. It has been doom and gloom with Covid-19 but this brings hopes of regeneration. It is about bringing jobs and community wealth building.”

Ayrshire Growth Deal worth £251 million will turn region into "21st century powerhouse for growth"
The Scottish and UK Governments and councils all contributed to the regeneration cash pot.”
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
baystate

Post by baystate »

Clive wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:18 pm Think someone’s been at the glue:

"The airport development forms just a part of the £251 million deal, which hopes to create 7000 jobs. It aims to attract further private investment of £300 million.

Councillor Henderson added: “It has taken four years of work to get to this. It has been doom and gloom with Covid-19 but this brings hopes of regeneration. It is about bringing jobs and community wealth building.”

The Scottish and UK Governments and councils all contributed to the regeneration cash pot.”
Moo!

FFS, that sacred cow has more lives than Freddie Kruger and Michael Myers combined.

To be fair £36k per job created is not a bad ROI, but with all due respect to the population of Ayrshire, I would speculate that a very high percentage of any jobs actually created are going to be filled by imported labour.
Sharpal7

Post by Sharpal7 »

Earning it's crust.

Reported on the ground this morning are:
2 x USAF C-130
4 X USAF C-135
5 X USAF C-17
1 X RCAF C-17
5 X USN P-8
2 X RAF A330
1 X RAF A400

Plus the stored B787s.

Foggy weather down south playing it's part.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Sharpal7 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:16 am Earning it's crust.

Reported on the ground this morning are:
2 x USAF C-130
4 X USAF C-135
5 X USAF C-17
1 X RCAF C-17
5 X USN P-8
2 X RAF A330
1 X RAF A400

Plus the stored B787s.

Foggy weather down south playing it's part.
Another KC-135 just landing now.

I had to visit a customer the other day who’s farmhouse cottage is tucked away right on the perimeter fence among the landing lights for R31. Sadly no movements while I was there but he has the finest location an avgeek could have.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.