Edinburgh

Moderators: bill, Clive

PiperOne

Re: Edinburgh

Post by PiperOne »

Eurowings Dusseldorf resumed today, initially twice weekly, while Norwegian Copenhagen steps up from 2 to 5 weekly.
Paris

Post by Paris »

PiperOne wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:10 pm Eurowings Dusseldorf resumed today, initially twice weekly, while Norwegian Copenhagen steps up from 2 to 5 weekly.
The Eurowings 4U flight was the one LH said mostly G and PA Postcodes were using from this country. Transferred the flight to GLA, made a big deal about it (German food etc at gate 28 to applaud the 1st flight) Then a short time after, same old, same old. Bang goes GLA - DUS …. Hooray, hooray welcome back EDI - DUS. The story with CPN from Scotland FFS they have been fighting with each other at EDI on this B & B route & GLA (them upstairs playing their video games) haven’t bothered their arses to even tempt.
atuk

Post by atuk »

PiperOne wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:10 pm Eurowings Dusseldorf resumed today, initially twice weekly, while Norwegian Copenhagen steps up from 2 to 5 weekly.
Yes most of LH group services have returned. LH, EW, WK/LX and SN. At present the missing link is CGN for EW and not sure if MUC has returned yet.

Paris I read your post. CPH at its peak had four operators: FR, EZY, both of which weren’t daily, DY daily SK daily but later withdrew from the route. Both the latter carriers carried transfer as well as point to point business but, as you say, no effort was made to attract a GLA service.

Going through my old logs- it’s one of the few pleasures I can take from the lack of aviation right now, I used the BD service to CPH for onward connections to DUS/FRA/MUC after LH withdrew from GLA-FRA.granted by that time is was an Embraer operating the flight but at least it ran daily.
egpffqtv

Post by egpffqtv »

atuk wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:35 am
Yes most of LH group services have returned. LH, EW, WK/LX and SN. At present the missing link is CGN for EW and not sure if MUC has returned yet.

Paris I read your post. CPH at its peak had four operators: FR, EZY, both of which weren’t daily, DY daily SK daily but later withdrew from the route. Both the latter carriers carried transfer as well as point to point business but, as you say, no effort was made to attract a GLA service.

Going through my old logs- it’s one of the few pleasures I can take from the lack of aviation right now, I used the BD service to CPH for onward connections to DUS/FRA/MUC after LH withdrew from GLA-FRA.granted by that time is was an Embraer operating the flight but at least it ran daily.
Sometimes twice daily and BD692/BD693/BD694/BD695 from memory? Or am I making that up?
atuk

Post by atuk »

egpffqtv wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:43 pm [quote=atuk post_id=4385 time=<a href="tel:1630650942">1630650942</a> user_id=75]
[quote=PiperOne post_id=4382 time=<a href="tel:1630602653">1630602653</a> user_id=91]
Eurowings Dusseldorf resumed today, initially twice weekly, while Norwegian Copenhagen steps up from 2 to 5 weekly.

[/quote]

Sometimes twice daily and BD692/BD693/BD694/BD695 from memory? Or am I making that up?
[/quote]

No you’re right it was double daily and then went once daily with a mid morning departure which presumably connected with any Asian services both ways.
egpffqtv

Post by egpffqtv »

Very impressive LinkedIn post from EDI route development.

Last week belonged to Jet2.com and Jet2holidays. This week Norwegian Brussels Airlines Eurowings and SAS - Scandinavian Airlines have stolen the show. Well, next week will be orange.

easyJet will restart services from Edinburgh Airport to EuroAirport Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg (2x wkly), BER - Berlin Brandenburg Airport (2x wkly), #pariscdg (4x wkly), Kraków Airport (2x wkly) and will also increase frequencies on #amsterdam (from 2x to 3x wkly), #madrid (from 2x to 3x wkly) and #nice (from 1x to 2x wkly).

Also, Wizz Air will re-launch Budapest Airport route (2x wkly), #jet2.com will resume 1x wkly service to #kos and #bacf will increase London City Airport from 10x to 17x frequencies.

All in all, 571 departures are likely to take place next week, which is 29 more than this week. 70% of our pre-pandemic destinations are now back, which is brilliant!

#travelwithpavel #covid19recovery #visitscotland #edinburgh #aviationrecovery

Wake up and smell the coffee GLA!!
Sharpal7

Post by Sharpal7 »

Paid a visit to EDI today on the AIR bus from Buchanan St Bus station. First visit this year. Still only running hourly (normally half-hourly).Bus to EDI at 11:15 was very busy, but quieter on the way back at 13:30.

With more airlines ditching GLA and now going east, EDI is clearly gearing up for the large increase in passengers bussing it to/from the west. A large new stand for the AIR service is being built at the front of the terminal, with a shelter and long queueing system barriers fixed in place to keep the masses in an organised line.

Sign of the times sadly.
Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

Sharpal7 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:32 pm Paid a visit to EDI today on the AIR bus from Buchanan St Bus station. First visit this year. Still only running hourly (normally half-hourly).Bus to EDI at 11:15 was very busy, but quieter on the way back at 13:30.

With more airlines ditching GLA and now going east, EDI is clearly gearing up for the large increase in passengers bussing it to/from the west. A large new stand for the AIR service is being built at the front of the terminal, with a shelter and long queueing system barriers fixed in place to keep the masses in an organised line.

Sign of the times sadly.
Presumably this bus operates in both directions and not merely "a bus to EDI" ? And I suppose the usual myth that a bus to GLA will get stuck on the M8, whilst a bus to EDI won't, still persists too ? :o :D :roll:
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Allen McL wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:24 am
Sharpal7 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:32 pm Paid a visit to EDI today on the AIR bus from Buchanan St Bus station. First visit this year. Still only running hourly (normally half-hourly).Bus to EDI at 11:15 was very busy, but quieter on the way back at 13:30.

Sign of the times sadly.
Presumably this bus operates in both directions and not merely "a bus to EDI" ? And I suppose the usual myth that a bus to GLA will get stuck on the M8, whilst a bus to EDI won't, still persists too ? :o :D :roll:
Yeah, apparently the EDI bus is nae bother whereas the Glasgow—GLA bus, which is far quicker and calls at our city centre nodal points is the Devil’s own.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
atuk

Post by atuk »

Clive wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:22 pm [quote="Allen McL" post_id=4411 time=<a href="tel:1631096642">1631096642</a> user_id=90]
[quote=Sharpal7 post_id=4410 time=<a href="tel:1631050326">1631050326</a> user_id=151]
Paid a visit to EDI today on the AIR bus from Buchanan St Bus station. First visit this year. Still only running hourly (normally half-hourly).Bus to EDI at 11:15 was very busy, but quieter on the way back at 13:30.

Sign of the times sadly.
[/quote]

Yeah, apparently the EDI bus is nae bother whereas the Glasgow—GLA bus, which is far quicker and calls at our city centre nodal points is the Devil’s own.
[/quote]

Just get somebody to revive the old X14 Glasgow Airport to Edinburgh service. Worked fine back in the 80s in my pre driving days and connected Edinburgh City Centre to Glasgow Airport. It wouldn’t take a rocket scientist to extend the 500/900 services just a single bus company rather than competitors First, Citylink and West Coast Motors.