Edinburgh

Moderators: bill, Clive

PiperOne

Re: Edinburgh

Post by PiperOne »

viscount wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:31 pm I believe the reason they are using 763 and 787 is a lack of 757s
They are still waiting delivery for their A321LR at that point I believe they would revert to the 321
United still showing as 3 x B752 on their schedules, so quite a decent capacity to the US.
egpffqtv

Post by egpffqtv »

Not to be outdone by GLA, EDI also announces return of Transavia France onto the ORY-EDI route :lol:
PiperOne

Re: Edinburgh : CAA Stats Aug21

Post by PiperOne »

Passenger total 380583 for the month, an increase of just over 111k from July this year, and a 65k increase over Aug20. Traffic split, 175k international (46%) and 205k domestic (54%), so fairly even split.
GKirk

Post by GKirk »

SunExpress 2/3 x weekly to Antalya for next year the latest new route to be added. BHX the other new UK airport selected by XQ
GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

GKirk wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:56 am SunExpress 2/3 x weekly to Antalya for next year the latest new route to be added. BHX the other new UK airport selected by XQ
I expected BHX but didn't see EDI coming, I was expecting NCL.
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

GKirk wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:56 am SunExpress 2/3 x weekly to Antalya for next year the latest new route to be added. BHX the other new UK airport selected by XQ
See atuk's post Sat Oct 16 under WorldRoutes 2021 . . . . . maybe the next time!
atuk

Post by atuk »

Bearsden wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:14 pm [quote=GKirk post_id=4917 time=<a href="tel:1635324993">1635324993</a> user_id=86]
SunExpress 2/3 x weekly to Antalya for next year the latest new route to be added. BHX the other new UK airport selected by XQ
See atuk's post Sat Oct 16 under WorldRoutes 2021 . . . . . maybe the next time!
[/quote]

Obviously I was much closer to the mark than GKA management? Sun Express have been in the market place for additional routes for some time......hopefully I’ll get a chance to check one in ....if we get the contract.
GeorgeNTravels wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:11 am [quote=GKirk post_id=4917 time=<a href="tel:1635324993">1635324993</a> user_id=86]
I expected BHX but didn't see EDI coming, I was expecting NCL.
[/quote]

Compliments the TK services and also less competition from EDI. Newcastle has favoured the Greek Islands in a large way hence JSI/JTR and in the past JMK for many years now.
GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

Taken this from the Edinburgh Airport Half Year Update 2021 and added additional routes announced since publication, massive expansion compared to GLA.

- Virgin Atlantic to Barbados and Orlando.
- AirBaltic to Riga;
- Ryanair to Zadar, Knock, Turin, Paris, Marrakech, Madrid, Palermo and Shannon;
- easyjet to Canary Islands, Bournemouth and Gibraltar;
- Loganair to Cardiff, Exeter, Newquay and Southampton;
- Aer Lingus to Belfast;
- BA Cityflyer to Guernsey and Southampton; and
- Turkish Airlines to Antalya.
- SunExpress to Antalya
- Vueling to Paris Orly
- WestJet to Toronto

I will try and find a similar one for GLA as well, if not I will make one.

Also does anybody know where I can find out how many stands EDI currently has?
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

GeorgeNTravels wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:23 pm Taken this from the Edinburgh Airport Half Year Update 2021 and added additional routes announced since publication, massive expansion compared to GLA.

- AirBaltic to Riga;
- Ryanair to Zadar, Knock, Turin, Paris, Marrakech, Madrid, Palermo and Shannon;
- Aer Lingus to Belfast;
- SunExpress to Antalya
- Vueling to Paris Orly
- WestJet to Toronto

Try EGPH Forum
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
egpffqtv

Post by egpffqtv »

GeorgeNTravels wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:23 pm Taken this from the Edinburgh Airport Half Year Update 2021 and added additional routes announced since publication, massive expansion compared to GLA.

- AirBaltic to Riga;
- Aer Lingus to Belfast;
- SunExpress to Antalya
- Vueling to Paris Orly
- WestJet to Toronto

We have a comedian in our midst … trying to find a GLA half year update

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: