Edinburgh

Moderators: bill, Clive

jetblue497

Re: Edinburgh

Post by jetblue497 »

viscount wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:01 pm Notice Delta are using A333 on the JFK and Bos routes
For 2 days. Open attendees.
jetblue497

Post by jetblue497 »

Davieboy wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:09 pm
jetblue497 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:30 pm
viscount wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:01 pm Notice Delta are using A333 on the JFK and Bos routes
For 2 days. Open attendees.
FR24 shows that DL209 (JFK) was operated by an A330 on July 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th and scheduled for the 19th and 20th too and DL123 (BOS) was operated by an A330 today and is also scheduled for one tomorrow.
Was referring more to BOS. Its only 2 days. Either way they are short term open related.
Ken1

Post by Ken1 »

Delta A330’s have had severe delays upon arrival all week. Some were running 2-3 hours behind schedule inbound and then took 4 hours to turn round! Saturday JFK return was cancelled, was this because of ground handling?
Sunday had 2 outbound Delta JFK A330’s and BOS 767 on ground simultaneously. Add to this United’s Washington service been extremely successful this year, with additional 767’s on several days. Sunday had 2 outbound 767-400’s on ground at same time. With no less than 7 wide bodies on the ground at one point!
Huge American influx at Edi really leaving GLA in the dark, the $ to £ has strengthened 25% over last few months, making Britain really cheap (Orlando expensive for Scots) but there will definitely be enough demand to reinstate one of the GLA-NY daily flights by early 2023. Come on United, pull out the finger.
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

Anybody know the EDI-IAD loads ? Trip report elsewhere was saying empty rows in coach .. might well of been an isolated case however .
southflyer

Post by southflyer »

Ken1 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:33 pm Delta A330’s have had severe delays upon arrival all week. Some were running 2-3 hours behind schedule inbound and then took 4 hours to turn round! Saturday JFK return was cancelled, was this because of ground handling?
Sunday had 2 outbound Delta JFK A330’s and BOS 767 on ground simultaneously. Add to this United’s Washington service been extremely successful this year, with additional 767’s on several days. Sunday had 2 outbound 767-400’s on ground at same time. With no less than 7 wide bodies on the ground at one point!
Huge American influx at Edi really leaving GLA in the dark, the $ to £ has strengthened 25% over last few months, making Britain really cheap (Orlando expensive for Scots) but there will definitely be enough demand to reinstate one of the GLA-NY daily flights by early 2023. Come on United, pull out the finger.
You can't really assess the success of any routes at the moment by the equipment being used. The lack of transatlantic 757 for Delta and United has left them operating widebodies on routes that they never used to, i.e EDI, which leads to a number of late equipment changes. IAD was scheduled to be on the 764 as the resumption of ORD was delayed by a few days. As mentioned above, the A330 has been used from JFK and BOS due to the additional traffic for the Open.
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

I also wonder if UA have a shortage of 757 aircraft for MAN , GLA etc as has been stated .Why start BGO and TFS etc using that aircraft . Makes nonsense what so ever .Untried routes that IMO I can't see lasting . SaS used BGO for a short time that didn't last . Has anybody ever seen a american tourist in TFS ?? Unlikely
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Ekally1 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:10 pm I also wonder if UA have a shortage of 757 aircraft for MAN , GLA etc as has been stated .Why start BGO and TFS etc using that aircraft . Makes nonsense what so ever .Untried routes that IMO I can't see lasting . SaS used BGO for a short time that didn't last . Has anybody ever seen a american tourist in TFS ?? Unlikely
No but they do/did go to the Costa del Sol. Pre-Covid AGP had a UA EWR service IIRC, or was it DL JFK? On that note AGP now hosts an array of Middle East heavies, from Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi and Bahrain. Never would have imagined such a demand to/from those places. AGP also host a frequent TS YUL service which again we might not have expected.

Note: delighted to veer off topic in this thread.😂
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

My point does include edi ... they have additional capacity aircraft due to a lack of 757 units as stated , as well as UA saying GLA and man will return , however in the meantime starting new routes using the lack of numbers aircraft .. makes no sense and I smell Sh@@@..
atuk

Post by atuk »

Ekally1 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:01 pm My point does include edi ... they have additional capacity aircraft due to a lack of 757 units as stated , as well as UA saying GLA and man will return , however in the meantime starting new routes using the lack of numbers aircraft .. makes no sense and I smell Sh@@@..
United also fly to Palma with 767 equipment and lots ofUS tourists in Palma and environs. Also PMI and AGP are major cruise departure points; given most cruising companies are US owned or quoted( Carnival are registered in Panama City) it’s hardly surprising that Us airlines are tapping into these markets , moreso as Asian traffic is weak.

Back on topic the multiple UA and DL departures on the same day to the same place result from tech aircraft with delayed flights operating the following day. The departure delays have mainly been caused by cleaning, baggage delivery and check in system failures all of which GLA has suffered from already this summer.
egpffqtv

Post by egpffqtv »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland- ... e-62227219

Edinburgh Airport passengers wait hours in heat to collect luggage

Edinburgh Airport passengers have waited for hours in the sweltering heat to collect their luggage.

This is the latest in a series of issues linked to baggage processing.

To deal with an ongoing backlog, international cargo handler Swissport opened a temporary outdoor facility on the day the UK saw its highest recorded temperatures.

Edinburgh Airport said that passenger baggage is the responsibility of airlines and their handling agents.

Earlier this week airport officials suspended a lost and delayed luggage helpline to protect their staff from verbal abuse from frustrated callers.

Megan Percy flew in to Edinburgh 00:30 GMT on Tuesday and was told by staff that she would have a long wait for her bags or she could come back later in the day to pick them up.

She explained: "They told us to take a form of ID and my luggage tag.

"But nobody asked for anything when I got there. It was just a free for all. You could easily walk in and grab anyone's luggage."

When Ms Percy and her boyfriend returned at lunchtime to collect their belongings she said there were "hundreds" of people searching for their suitcases.

She said: "Nobody helped us find our luggage we just had to rummage around."

The luggage was piled outside in direct sunlight and was not "easily marked out", she added.
And Ms Percy claimed she saw some people trying to get back into the baggage reclaim areas which are out of bounds once passengers have exited.

She said: "We were there for just over an hour roughly. It was a bit of a nightmare.
"We eventually got our luggage but it needs to be managed a lot more properly."

Swissport, Menzies and WFS handle baggage at the airport. There have been reports of problems with passengers reclaiming baggage with all three operators.

Swissport had previously acknowledged problems and is storing hundreds of unclaimed bags at a warehouse at Edinburgh Airport while it works through the backlog.