Edinburgh

Moderators: bill, Clive

atuk

Re: Edinburgh

Post by atuk »

Good report and all correct however it’s not helped by airlines increasing aircraft sizes at short notice, flights being cancelled at short notice and also bags not being loaded into flights as in LHR and AMS to name but two.
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

I can see airlines employing there own staff ...
egpffqtv

Post by egpffqtv »

Ekally1 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:22 pm I can see airlines employing there own staff ...
Now there’s a novel idea - for an airline to employ their own staff. Talk about full circle. :roll:
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

Maybe Mr Dewar has got to enforce a reduction in airline slots . . . ah, I forgot, that will hit his bottom line!!

But what about corporate responsibility? . . . ah, not my problem, it's all the airlines & their handling agents fault!!

The situation described of bags lying out in the open (unguarded?) beggars belief

A random sample of a few departures tonight shows vast majority are between 2 and 3 hours on the ground at EDI
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

Bearsden wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:51 pm Maybe Mr Dewar has got to enforce a reduction in airline slots . . . ah, I forgot, that will hit his bottom line!!

But what about corporate responsibility? . . . ah, not my problem, it's all the airlines & their handling agents fault!!

The situation described of bags lying out in the open (unguarded?) beggars belief

A random sample of a few departures tonight shows vast majority are between 2 and 3 hours on the ground at EDI
I was looking at edi flights today , you are correct , most flights, even a few FR on ground for a lengthy time period .. in regards of bags lying outside , been told from pal who works in border force at EDI that wouldn't happen and has not happened.. They have rented a warehouse near edi to store luggage .
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

Ekally1 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:09 pm
Bearsden wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:51 pm Maybe Mr Dewar has got to enforce a reduction in airline slots . . . ah, I forgot, that will hit his bottom line!!

I was looking at edi flights today , you are correct , most flights, even a few FR on ground for a lengthy time period .. in regards of bags lying outside , been told from pal who works in border force at EDI that wouldn't happen and has not happened.. They have rented a warehouse near edi to store luggage .
Looks like bags outside to me!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland- ... e-62227219
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

Bearsden wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:35 pm

Showed that to border force guy , that was baggage of golfing group getting ready to go ... don't believe was media wants you too
Ken1

Post by Ken1 »

I drove into the servisair car park Sunday morning, there were at least 40 bags outside in car park going no where and not guarded. You’re Border Control mate has obviously not been there to see it first hand.

More significantly, Ryanair are showing a lot of cancellations,for tomorrow, is this due to handling problems?
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

Ekally1 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:02 pm

Showed that to border force guy , that was baggage of golfing group getting ready to go ... don't believe was media wants you too
In this case I do believe the media

That's no golfing group!

Where are the clubs?

I firmly suspect EDI top management are 'cracking down' on any insider stories to try to minimise the very bad press the airport is getting
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Bearsden wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:10 am
Ekally1 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:02 pm
In this case I do believe the media

That's no golfing group!

Where are the clubs?

I firmly suspect EDI top management are 'cracking down' on any insider stories to try to minimise the very bad press the airport is getting
And you can see the EDI baggage label from the origin airport.

Suffice to say it’s a complete shambles. Dewar isn’t so keen to give his bleeding heart/hard done to vox pops to the media now.

Really the smaller an airport is, the more simple and less stressful for the pax who are using the facility for their travel needs IMO.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.