Edinburgh

Moderators: bill, Clive

southflyer

Re: Edinburgh

Post by southflyer »

Services to the Scottish capital are likely to be restored, he indicated. “Edinburgh was a very strong route for us, particularly inbound in summer,” he said.
https://www.ttgmedia.com/news/emirates- ... ules-35611
Paris

Post by Paris »

southflyer wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:58 pm
Services to the Scottish capital are likely to be restored, he indicated. “Edinburgh was a very strong route for us, particularly inbound in summer,” he said.
I would have expected EK to return to EDI at some point, to at least challenge QR & TK for Middle Eastern and Long-haul routes. I’d also not be surprised if EDI (again) invest a large amount of cash increasing the present terminal size & facilities or possibly the building a new T2 to cope with the year on year increasing traffic, destinations available & footfall that comes with it…. As they say: “If you build it, they will come”.
hads

Post by hads »

Agree with that. Passed through edi last week on my Faroes trip. Outbound , it was at capacity. No seats anywhere. Rubbish everywhere.Bins overflowing. Blagged ourselves into the Apire lounge for nothing. Which was nice and peaceful. Needs something done. Less passengers or more concrete.
GKirk

Post by GKirk »

hads wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:39 am Agree with that. Passed through edi last week on my Faroes trip. Outbound , it was at capacity. No seats anywhere. Rubbish everywhere.Bins overflowing. Blagged ourselves into the Apire lounge for nothing. Which was nice and peaceful. Needs something done. Less passengers or more concrete.
Hope you were in the Faeroes to protest against the mass slaughter of Dolphins?
hads

Post by hads »

No. Visiting Wifes family.
No Dolphin cull. It was the Chicken Cull season
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

Paris wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:10 pm
southflyer wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:58 pm
I would have expected EK to return to EDI at some point, to at least challenge QR & TK for Middle Eastern and Long-haul routes. I’d also not be surprised if EDI (again) invest a large amount of cash increasing the present terminal size & facilities or possibly the building a new T2 to cope with the year on year increasing traffic, destinations available & footfall that comes with it…. As they say: “If you build it, they will come”.
He isn't going to come and and say no its not coming back .. Just like when UA UK boss said they are coming back to GLA .. just tells what you want to hear , there not gonna be negative
southflyer

Post by southflyer »

Not true - that's what would happen if you were to ask them a question via social media which so many people do. This is coming from senior management, not a social media representative.
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

southflyer wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:14 pm Not true - that's what would happen if you were to ask them a question via social media which so many people do. This is coming from senior management, not a social media representative.
Not true UA boss was asked in person about GLA , not social media so your point is groundless
GKirk

Post by GKirk »

Emirates will be back at EDI at some point.
Will UA be GLA though, unlikely at the moment
GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

GKirk wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:50 pm Emirates will be back at EDI at some point.
Will UA be GLA though, unlikely at the moment
I think UA will be back at some point with the 737 Max.

On a different note, does anybody know if AA have announced a return to Scotland?