Edinburgh

Moderators: bill, Clive

atuk

Re: Edinburgh

Post by atuk »

bill wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:26 pm [quote=GKirk post_id=2341 time=<a href="tel:1605535135">1605535135</a> user_id=86]
Wizz Air have apparently applied for a 4 aircraft base at EDI (as well as MAN)
Once upon a time I admired W6 for operating routes from Scotland that didn't involve EDI. That didn't last too long did it?
[/quote]

This may all be flash in the pan stuff Bill.

Air Europe, Swissair, Air Berlin, Etihad, Eurowings, Level, Norwegian...... and now Wizz. Multiple bases, disparate route systems, mixing long, medium and short haul without proper connectivity, low yield, trying to outdo the competition, big ambitions but not big enough pockets..... Sound familiar? Fire sale, closures, redundancies, bankruptcy......

It never ends well.
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

Wizz defo following the same path as DY .. opening multiple new bases , which cant be cheap .. seems to me its must be the sake of we have got all these aircraft we have to put them somewhere . Edi has EZY, FR, LS operating similar routes , add wizz in the mix its only going to smack us in the chops , people are going to go where the cheap seats are and that will be at the dog fight at edi .
Sharpal7

Post by Sharpal7 »

Ekally1 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:12 am Wizz defo following the same path as DY .. opening multiple new bases , which cant be cheap .. seems to me its must be the sake of we have got all these aircraft we have to put them somewhere . Edi has EZY, FR, LS operating similar routes , add wizz in the mix its only going to smack us in the chops , people are going to go where the cheap seats are and that will be at the dog fight at edi .
Yes....and the unfortunate thing is that once the airline gets its fingers burnt operating on a route out of EDI the chance of it appearing or re-appearing at GLA will be slim imho.
Gla1

Post by Gla1 »

Seanm1997 on twitter reporting cuts to EDI by EZY for S21.

2x weekly Bilbao
2x weekly Catania
2x weekly Stuttgart
2x weekly Seville
2x weekly Verona
3x weekly Vienna
Last edited by Gla1 on Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
atuk

Post by atuk »

Gla1 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:10 pm Seanm1997 on twitter reporting cuts to EDI for S21.

2x weekly Bilbao
2x weekly Catania
2x weekly Stuttgart
2x weekly Seville
2x weekly Verona
3x weekly Vienna
Are these allEZy flights or a combination of EZY and FR?

CTA was only ever intended to operate twice weekly; I’ve been looking at that as a potential holiday option as we celebrated our 25th anniversary in Taormina.
Gla1

Post by Gla1 »

This is for EZY atuk, sorry should’ve put that. Made a little edit now.
GKirk

Post by GKirk »

Some new Jet2 routes from EDI - Skiathos, Santorini and Preveza
atuk

Post by atuk »

GKirk wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:01 am Some new Jet2 routes from EDI - Skiathos, Santorini and Preveza
All long overdue from Scotland. Yet another trick lost by TUI as Jet2 steal a march on them. All we need to complete the 4 S islands is Sardinia as Sicily is served by easyJet, also from EDI.
GKirk

Post by GKirk »

TUI operating a short series of freight charters to PHL starting today using 787 G-TUIF

easyJet add 2 x weekly EDI-BOH
Jet2 add weekly EDI-INN for W21/22
atuk

Post by atuk »

GKirk wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:51 am TUI operating a short series of freight charters to PHL starting today using 787 G-TUIF

easyJet add 2 x weekly EDI-BOH
Jet2 add weekly EDI-INN for W21/22
Bournemouth surprised me. That was tried, and failed, many moons ago with AirBristol BAC 1-11s. I read a post calling Bournemouth Covid Central. I’ve never been but Mrs C has many, many decades ago. I understand it’s a bit run down but the nicest pictures I have of Bournemouth are a couple of Eastern Scottish finest Bristol coaches in Glasgow Dundas Street being readied for departure there.