Edinburgh

Moderators: bill, Clive

southflyer

Re: Edinburgh

Post by southflyer »

Really no big loss, a few bucket and spade destinations that are served by multiple other airlines. MLB was only for a few weeks in peak season.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

southflyer wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:22 pm Really no big loss, a few bucket and spade destinations that are served by multiple other airlines. MLB was only for a few weeks in peak season.
All good then. 👍
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Planeenthusiast

Edinburgh- TUI S24

Post by Planeenthusiast »

TUI dropping both long haul routes from EDI. Orlando Melbourne and Cancun. Not much of a loss given their very limited schedules from the airport.
FlyGLA

Post by FlyGLA »

Good news. TUI dropping all long haul from EDI and in doing so GLA regains it's position as the only airport in Scotland with direct flights to Mexico and the home of TUI long haul. Hopefully the capacity cut from EDI will be redeployed at GLA.
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

FlyGLA wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:54 pm Good news. TUI dropping all long haul from EDI and in doing so GLA regains it's position as the only airport in Scotland with direct flights to Mexico and the home of TUI long haul. Hopefully the capacity cut from EDI will be redeployed at GLA.
Tui obviously make more wonga at GLA vs EDI , which makes VS decision even more head scratching if you think of its more suited to GLA pax with the outgoing element .
Iain

Post by Iain »

Ekally1 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:02 pm
FlyGLA wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:54 pm Good news. TUI dropping all long haul from EDI and in doing so GLA regains it's position as the only airport in Scotland with direct flights to Mexico and the home of TUI long haul. Hopefully the capacity cut from EDI will be redeployed at GLA.
Tui obviously make more wonga at GLA vs EDI , which makes VS decision even more head scratching if you think of its more suited to GLA pax with the outgoing element .
Yes, that's very true - but unless and until GLA get somebody like EI UK or Norse in to operate GLA-MCO, VS probably won't really feel much effect from that decision.
kenneth1

Post by kenneth1 »

I think that Virgin were told by Delta to move their home to EDI, after all they do own 51% of them, this was to consolidate their operation of one base, however their Barbados route was a bit of a disaster and they have destroyed the Orlando route which was on it’s way to being year round from GLA, it just shows how wrong they were, presumably they will not admit their poor decision and move back to GLA so the opportunity for another airline is there.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

kenneth1 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 10:04 pm I think that Virgin were told by Delta to move their home to EDI, after all they do own 51% of them, this was to consolidate their operation of one base, however their Barbados route was a bit of a disaster and they have destroyed the Orlando route which was on it’s way to being year round from GLA, it just shows how wrong they were, presumably they will not admit their poor decision and move back to GLA so the opportunity for another airline is there.
I think VS will switch back to GLA once their EDI contract expires and if there hasn’t been new entrants into the GLA-MCO market like Aer Lingus UK or Norse.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
ADIG

Post by ADIG »

I am travelling TUI Edinburgh to Corfu in a couple of weeks so have been keeping on eye on the same flight but on different weeks. Last Friday, I noted the aircraft left late and then returned to the airport soon after take-off. It now transpires that the aircraft was too heavy for the flight - does this happen often? The link below is an archive link to the article in the Herald.

https://archive.is/DKIeK
FlyGLA

Post by FlyGLA »

Further cuts at EDI. This time with Ryanair reducing EDI-BHD with 3x weekly flights cut.

Quite a number of route suspensions and and frequency cuts announced at EDI in the last few weeks.